TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mike789 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Good idea to switch schools? - July 20th 2010, 09:45 PM

I'm not sure if this goes here or in the Education forum, please move this if its not in the right area.

Alright, so I just finished 9th grade, and I have been in this school for 3 years now. I've had good times, bad times and boring times.

In 7th grade I was known as the quiet awkward kid because I was really kind of awkward and quiet so I guess that set off my "career" in this school. I also made friends, but with the most shy kids. At this point I had about 2-3 friends. I was also bullied ocassionally.

8th grade was my best year, I got a girlfriend but that didnt work out. I had about 7 friends and knew people from other grades. I managed to mess up and lost my girlfriend, then when other girls wanted to know me, I rejected them because I became highly insecure. Regardless, this was a great year and everything was good. Girls were interested in me and I had plenty of friends and relationships with other people. Bullying stopped.

Then came 9th grade... The dullest year of my life and very depressing at times. Worse than 7th grade. It started off with two of my best friends leaving the school in the vacations between 8th and 9th grade (one switched to another school because his parents wanted him to and the other moved to another state). So yeah, my two best friends were gone, the ones whom I shared all my great moments with.

At the start of this year, I only had 2 friends. A guy I had met last year and a "shy" guy who I met in 7th grade. My other relationships switched schools, most of them, and I just stopped talking to some.

The shy guy got a girlfriend and suddendly became arrogant.
I don't like him anymore. I also knew a guy that had been in my class but that i had never talked to, we became huge friends because we both play instruments.
He's my "best" friend now, but nothing like my previous great friends who departed.

So by the end of this year I had 0 girls interested in me, 2 friends and 1 guy who could be a friend but that I dont like anymore. And nothing else...
That guy who I dont quite like anymore is switching schools, but my 2 friends are staying.

We're considered antisocial by pretty much everyone and we're always under the radar. I have a feeling everything will be the same for the rest of the time I have in this high school. I'll be under the radar, probably no gfs and spending time with the same 2 guys for 3 more years.

So I'm considering switching schools. Ill still hang out with my friends from my current school, but I would be able to start fresh at the new school and make more friends. If I don't mess up, I could be way happier than I am now. This new school is also more prestigious and sounds more interesting academically.

I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do though. I'd like some advice, please!.

thanks.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MakeBeliveLove Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Good idea to switch schools? - July 21st 2010, 02:08 AM

I know exactly how you feel.

I'm going to be a sophomore this year and I am still kinda shy. I have around 3 good friends and alot of People that are Almost friends.

I think if you stay in the same school just join more clubs or extra curricular stuff. I did that some what andmade alot more friendish people from the music classes I take. If you decide to move it could change everything so consider your education first(credits).

As for girlfriends and girls interested I can relate though I'm a girl and am like that with guys. I always say the wrong thing or freak out. I have never had a boyfriend so you're ahead of me there(;! I think there is one guy interested in me but he is moving before school. I'm joining more extra curricular activities for my college applications and it really helps make friends(:.

So I hope I helped. And if you need anything else message me and I will be there(:!

Please help me with my question I don't know what guys think so I don't know what this guy is doing(he is the one moving):!)

Love, MakeBeliveLove

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Good idea to switch schools? - July 21st 2010, 02:14 AM

I ended up changing schools (but that was between middle and high school, versus one year into high school). I did it because I felt like I was an outsider, because of the cost of tuition (went from private to public), and because I wanted to see what the "real world" was like (sheltered Christian school). It turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. I met some amazing friends, joined an even more amazing club (which led me to become a psychology major), and I've become a much more confident and well-adjusted individual as a result of changing my environment.

Weigh the pros and cons. I can't tell you whether or not you should switch, but from what you've said, it seems like transferring would be the better option. You can always, ALWAYS start over. If the school is academically superior, that's also a plus.

Closed Thread