TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
woahhh.
Average Joe

Co-worker issues - July 23rd 2010, 08:56 PM

So...
today I tried to be really nice to a co worker of mine that has been really weird with me lately for no reason. So I said "Hi, How are you?" as she sat next to us at lunch.

She responded with "Fine, thanks." And then it was dead quiet for like 2 seconds.

Is that a clear sign that she hates me? Was it rude of her?
  Send a message via AIM to queenofthedamned  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Co-worker issues - July 23rd 2010, 09:48 PM

WHy do you think she has been acting weird with you for no reason, what are some things she does because to me it seemed like she wasn't rude if she really wanted to be rude she would of not answered at all or just said "Fine" maybe she is just shy.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Co-worker issues - July 24th 2010, 04:08 AM

I guess it depends on what she was like before. I personally don't like to chit-chat with my co-workers while I'm on a break or eating lunch... I can talk to them while we're on the job, but I honestly want to be alone when we're not. xD So I probably would have done something similar... just said "thanks, you?" and ended the conversation there.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Co-worker issues - July 24th 2010, 05:04 AM

Other than this incident, how has she been with you? Has there been an incident that happened to her either with you, another worker or in her personal life that has upset her a lot? Often people may be rude to others simply because they're fuming about something else, and that person just happens to allow them to let some steam off. It seems very odd to me she hates you, at least from what you've said so far. Put yourself in her shoes: if you hated someone, would you sit next to them and strike up a conversation with a polite introduction? No. If you hate them, you wouldn't sit next to them or your body language and tone of voice would easily give it away to the person that you hate them.

If you sit with others at the table, then do the others have an issue with her because her behaviours could be directed towards them not you. Once again, put yourself in her shoes: if she wants to make you feel bad or others feel bad, doing it during lunch break would be an easy way because everyone is together. She could make the person feel humiliated in front of others or let others know about the other person. That person may not be you at all.

If I were you, try to strike up a conversation with her about something, perhaps something that happened at work. You could try to discuss topics she likes, which may require you talking to others who know her better. If there was a major event inside or outside work that is the reason for her behaviours, perhaps be an ear and an arm. I say this because she's obviously sitting with people and willing to respond to introductions. This may be better done in private with only someone and her though.

Of course all this is speculation as we don't know how she usually is or any major events in her life outside and inside work.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
woahhh.
Average Joe

Re: Co-worker issues - July 24th 2010, 05:16 PM

Thanks guys, I'm trying to slowly melt he recentr ice-queen status towards me. I'll get back to you if I start to feel it coming back.
  Send a message via AIM to queenofthedamned  
Closed Thread