TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Post Everyone leaves me - July 27th 2010, 06:34 AM

Guess this is just a rant. But, for the past week or so I've felt depressed and I had no idea why. Business wise everything seems to be working out greater than I hoped. BUT everything else is where it's always been missing.

I thought I found a girl that I had a chance with. I heard that she liked me months ago. She's moving to LA soon. We kept in contact over the phone a lot. Then a week went by and now it's like she's avoiding me and I have no idea what I did. To line up with this a childhood friend has also completely thrown me out.

This is on top of the last year and a half where my cousin died, a friend stabbed me in the back and the first girl I thought I could have something with started acting like I didn't even exist.

It's just it feels like even if business-wise I'm succeeding, my personal life will always be the same old story. Eventually everyone's going to get close enough to see that I'm a mistake then leave. I mean, my father saw it - he ran away before I was even born. I'm just sick and tired of living in a life where everyone leaves me. If I knew what it is that they saw, I'd try to fix it. But I don't know if I can. I just want to know what's wrong with me so bad that everyone keeps leaving me... I fucking hate it...

"Maybe I just like people. Maybe sexuality isn't one thing or the other. Maybe it's just something that's shifting and moving. I just know I'm not thinking man or woman."
- SHAMELESS.

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; July 27th 2010 at 06:42 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Everyone leaves me - July 27th 2010, 06:44 AM

Hey Josh,

Don't blame yourself for people leaving you. I know what it's like to be abandoned by people we think care about us, it's happened to me one too many times. But the worst thing that you can do is beat yourself up and blame yourself for people deciding they don't want to be around you anymore. I know it might seem like it's your fault, but it really isn't.

Right away we jump to the conclusion that it's something about us, something that we've done wrong with ourselves or with our lives, but there are so many other reasons people might leave us. Maybe it's because they're afraid of commitment, they have trust issues. It could be anything. Don't assume it's you.

There's a lot of idiots in the world, who will let you trust them and then will completely walk away when you need them. I don't know why they do it, but really, they're the ones who suffer. They don't know what it's like to have a friendship that truly lasts, because they walk away from it before it really goes anywhere. I feel sorry for people like that.

You, because you are dedicated to your friendships, will find a relationship much stronger and much more meaningful than they ever could. You're a good person, and you'll find someone who treats you right, and who won't leave you. You might have to go through a few more idiots before you do, but you'll find good people who will ALWAYS care about you.

As for your father, I know that had nothing to do with you. Your father left you because he's a coward, and he was afraid to handle the responsibility of fatherhood. Don't blame yourself for that, because I'm sure that had absolutely nothing to do with you. You can't hate someone who hasn't even been born.

Stay confident, don't doubt yourself. You seem like a great guy, and things will work out for you relationship wise. Just keep believing in yourself.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Everyone leaves me - July 27th 2010, 06:53 AM

Right now I seriously don't know how. Shrinks have been telling me it wasn't me for the longest time. But, it's like everyone in my life who's there has always left me. It's to the point where it's not a surprise that someone leaves, it's just acknowledgement that there's something wrong. There's just some fucking retractor beam on me or something that sends people away and I want to fucking get rid of it. Or at least is there some way to block it all out.

"Maybe I just like people. Maybe sexuality isn't one thing or the other. Maybe it's just something that's shifting and moving. I just know I'm not thinking man or woman."
- SHAMELESS.

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; July 27th 2010 at 07:06 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
sirjan xerdaj Offline
Pinkly Smooth .
Average Joe

Name: Xerdaj Sirjan

Re: Everyone leaves me - July 27th 2010, 07:24 AM

Hey Josh. I think it's a phase. Every "nice guy" from the phrase 'nice guys finish last' I've talked to has been through it.

Two of them fell into depression and never overcome it, now they're alone and old in their home. One is living with his grandmother and 3 cats *ouch*. The other three said you have to move on or similar things.
And kinda like what Hurricane said. People are idiots. And I say it's universal for fathers to run away. Don't put that on you.

I suggest you do what you have to do. Let people come to you. Don't get to attached. And if you do that's great.

[X E R D A J] ~Sessyrocks~
-=i wanna be your knight=-
  Send a message via AIM to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via MSN to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via Yahoo to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via Skype™ to sirjan xerdaj 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Everyone leaves me - July 27th 2010, 09:18 AM

Drunk, relapse, I'm a fucking loser. I know it. That's who I am. I'm only capable of business pursuits, but not a fucking life - so screw it, let's go for the gold. I'm going to be young hollywood till it hurts. If they don't catch that I'm hung over tomorrow or not smell it, that's probably gonna give me incentive to go higher.... I just can't handle this life where everyone leaves me anymore. I thought it ended, it never does. It never will........

- SHAMELESS.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
sirjan xerdaj Offline
Pinkly Smooth .
Average Joe

Name: Xerdaj Sirjan

Re: Everyone leaves me - July 27th 2010, 11:24 AM

That's it? "Mr. Hollywood" give up on your happiness. You wanna be one of those celebrities we hear always depressed. Mocked about until the day you OD? Dude don't let go.

[Edited]

[X E R D A J] ~Sessyrocks~
-=i wanna be your knight=-

Last edited by PSY; July 27th 2010 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Unnecessary comment.
  Send a message via AIM to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via MSN to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via Yahoo to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via Skype™ to sirjan xerdaj 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Everyone leaves me - July 28th 2010, 06:18 AM

I've decided that I have to try to fight against it. Metaphorically it looks like I'm wandering through a dark woods where monsters that I've never seen before and old familiar beasts could jump out and kill me at any time, but I have to battle them and overcome.

- SHAMELESS.

Closed Thread