TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
toxictragedy__ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Possibly moving. - July 28th 2010, 12:55 AM

alright so, the other day i was about to drop out of school. but turns out i needed my moms permission and she wouldnt sign the paper. so i didnt do it and all my friends got mad at me when they found out i almost did. so i was like fine, i'll stay. but then later that day my dad asked me if i'd like to move in with him. i live about an hour away from the city in the middle of nowhere so there isnt really much to do here. my dad thinks moving with him would be good so that i can make more friends closer to everything which i think would be nice. but i just cant decide if i want to move in with him or not. i've wanted to live with him for the longest time. about a year ago i stopped thinking about it and now i finally have the option and im not so sure.
i mean, theres positives to moving in with him like being closer to things, having more freedom, the school i'd go to has a culinary class which i've been dying for and also a photography class.
but then the negatives would be that i would have to leave my friends and start at a new school. i have social anxiety so i'm not too enthusiastic about the whole new school thing. and i'd have to depend on my dad for all the things i normally depend on my mom for, my dad and i dont have that same kind of relationship.
so basically i have no idea what i want to do. part of me really wants to go but the other part of me doesnt want to leave my friends, even though i'll only be an hour away.
i just really need help making this decision, and i have to make it soon because registration for the new school is on august tenth and i'd have to have time to pack all my stuff if i decide to go.

PEACE & LOVE.
Together we can make the world a better place.
Together we can stop animal cruelty.
Together we can save the earth.
And together we can live and love.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Possibly moving. - July 28th 2010, 07:44 PM

I'm a bit confused... you're worried about moving to a new school, but you weren't worried about dropping out of school altogether? Granted, if you move, you'll have to make new friends and adapt to a new lifestyle... but dropping out of your current school would have had similar consequences. Obviously, your friends would have been upset, and not earning a high school diploma would result in changes to your lifestyle.

I think it may help to take a step back and look at the big picture. I know that's difficult to do sometimes, but try to write down a list of things you'd like to accomplish in three years' time. You said you'd enjoy the culinary and photography classes at the other school... do you want to become a chef or photographer in the future? Is that one of your top priorities in life? If so, make the decision that will allow you to work toward that goal over the next three years. If you can't come up with a particular goal, then maybe it would be best to stay in town for now, until you can sort things out and come up with a definite plan.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Possibly moving. - July 30th 2010, 12:43 AM

Hey there. Well, check this, you know you have to make a decision, so that means choosing one place will have its own consequences and advantages. So just look at the situation and choose the one you want, if you can't make a decision, then look at the one that appeals to you most/the one you prefer to try first and if it doesn't work out then you can move to the other.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread