TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AceJace12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jacey Johnson

When it all fell apart... - August 3rd 2010, 12:39 AM

So i had a best friend..we were super close for about two years...basically sisters we did everything together...until things got complicated.. i liked this boy and she liked this other boy...mine didn't work out..and her's clearly was going too...she's the type that everyone loves..which always left me feeling like no one cared..but that's not the point.. we started fighting about everything..all the time.. but i still loved her like my sister (still do) but stuff just fell apart. for six months it's been a huge struggle.. since we did everything together and had all the same friends we still see each other all the time..things are finally starting to get better..but it's still really hard. we used to say we'd make it though anything..and i guess since we can be around each other with out killing each other..maybe we can make it... and i know i did some things i really regret...but it's partly her fault too..i just really wish she'd sit down and talk to me about everything that happened...Oh that was another problem she didn't even tell me what the issue was for like a week or more..it was rough.. really rough i felt like i had lost part of me....but.. i'm managing.. it just really sucks.. losing the one person you care about most.. sucks..

But then again..i became really close with a lot of other friends though the struggle...which i am glad about.. but that didn't make the depression easier to handle.

♥Love is everything♥

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: When it all fell apart... - August 3rd 2010, 12:49 AM

It's always really hard to lose a friend. I've been hurt by people, got into fights with them and our friendships have ended, become friends with them again one day in the future, then get into another fight, then be friends again, and so on. Sometimes I start to wonder if friendship is ever really constant.

Really, you just need to answer this question: Do you want to continue being friends with her? If you do, then it sounds like you're going to need to be the one who approaches her. You're waiting for her to approach you and apologize and talk through what happened with you, but she may be waiting for you to do the same thing. One of you is going to have to make the first move to repair the friendship, and if you want to be friends again then it's going to have to be you.

If I were you I would message her on Facebook or over email, anyway that you can contact her, and let her know that you're sorry for whatever it is you did to hurt the friendship. After you do this she may apologize to you for what she did wrong as well, and then the two of you can slowly get back to talking to each other once you know that you both forgive each other. This is how things worked for several of the friends that I lost.

But even if you do become friends with her again, don't let it interfere with the other friendships that you have. Whenever you can have more than one close friend, it is always a good idea. That way you're not too dependent on one friend.

Hope this helped. Good luck with everything. x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AceJace12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jacey Johnson

Re: When it all fell apart... - August 3rd 2010, 12:52 AM

Yeah that is helpful thanks i guess i'll just have to take a leap of faith and try to talk to her.

♥Love is everything♥

Closed Thread