TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Second_Identity Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

too close...? - August 3rd 2010, 05:38 AM

i've struggled with severe depression for the last few years, and some nights are really hard to make it through. last year, i got to be really good friends with a guy at my school who has a pretty bad reputation. his girlfriend was a good friend of mine and wanted me to get to know him. we ended up getting really close, and he told me some things that he hasn't even told his girlfriend of 3 years... i always tried to be there for him, and he for me. last night was really bad, and i talked to him, like i always do when i need someone. my stupid decision of the night: i ended up telling him i love him. i don't know if i actually do, but even if i do i wouldn't go there- i know he loves his girlfriend and i couldn't do that to them. i don't even really know what the point of this was...support maybe? advice though, please.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: too close...? - August 3rd 2010, 06:07 AM

A lot of times when you're close with someone you can get confused about your emotions. It can be easy to mistake a strong friendship and connection with someone with love, when it really isn't. Maybe at the time you said you loved him you honestly felt that you did, but now you are realizing that what you thought was love is really just a strong connection between two people. You guys are close, so don't let this get between you. Talk to him, let him know that you were having a bad night and you were confused, not really thinking about what you said. Since you guys are such good friends I'm sure that he'll be understanding.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: too close...? - August 4th 2010, 03:27 AM

If you don't know if you actually feel love for him, why would you tell him that ?
Now, my advice is this, take a break for him, there is no use in putting such thoughts in his head that might end up causing faithfulness to his girlfriend come to a halt.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Second_Identity Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: too close...? - August 4th 2010, 04:51 AM

I know that I love him. I just wish I didn't.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: too close...? - August 4th 2010, 05:36 AM

If you truly do love him then you won't do anything to harm his relationship with his girlfriend. Even if you do have feelings for him, for the time being I think it would be best to pretend you don't.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: too close...? - August 5th 2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
If you truly do love him then you won't do anything to harm his relationship with his girlfriend. Even if you do have feelings for him, for the time being I think it would be best to pretend you don't.
And there you go, nice advice and exactly what I meant too. I say don't pretend, just don't get close to him, don't put yourself in any situation with him, cause you don't want to put yourself in any situation where you with start developing further feelings for each other.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread