TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rosesRblue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dani

I Think My Friends Are Better Off..... - August 4th 2010, 08:12 PM

Without me. They seem to have more fun when I'm not around them. Sometimes it's hard to be happy around them. Sometimes I don't know what to say around them and it's just this empty space between us. I have a large group of friends and we are kind of divided up into smaller groups. It's like a group within a group. Anyways, within this group I have (had?) two really good friends that would talk to me all of the time. Towards the beginning of my Sophomore year, I started to go into a really deep depression. I thought about suicide a lot, I thought that my friends were better off without me, I hated everything and everybody. I talked to the school counselor about it and, with my approval, she called my dad and told him that maybe it was a good idea for me to see a psychologist. And, I mean, it helps because I can talk to her about a lot of the things that I don't talk to my parents or my friends about, but at the same time, I can't help but think that maybe my friends are better off without me. I drag everybody down. I don't want to be the kill joy in the group. I don't want to dump all of my problems on them because I'm not the only one with problems. I'll be a junior this year and the school that I go to is awful. I can't wait to leave. I just want to be able to survive my junior and senior years as peacefully as possible. But I'm not sure how to do that with all of these worthless feelings that I'm having. Any advice would be appreciated.

“No other acoustic instrument can match the piano's expressive range, and no electric instrument can match its mystery.”

Kenneth Miller quotes

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I Think My Friends Are Better Off..... - August 5th 2010, 05:24 PM

well you said that you feel like you drag them down .

But who knows, you might be the sane one among the group, the one that is really helpful and nice ? i think that you're that person in that group.. and i dont think you drag people around you down. Everyone around them probably has their own insecurities as well.. but maybe they manage to not to think about it so much. Try talking to those friends who listen to you about it. I'm certain that they'll be supportive . Just remember that there are some topics in which you prefer to keep your opinions and that is extremely respectable, because
sometimes when you keep quiet, it just means that you think that this is a discussion about a topic that sometimes you prefer to not talk about.

do NOT give up hope, and you MUST keep in mind that you , like everyone else deserve to be happy together with friends and stuff. There will be a few certain awkward moments here and there, but just remember that comes naturally. Be more confident in yourself an naturally this problem will no longer be a problem.

I'M really confident that you can overcome this.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread