TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy guilty and suffering on the inside - August 8th 2010, 04:38 PM

I didnt know where to put this but i'll post it here!
I been lying to my friends about where im from and who im related too because I wanted to feel better about myself because Im always down and depressed and I wanted to feel accepted but now I just feel guilty, ashamed and sad about myself and now in my inside I just feel like I want to die, but theres nothing I can do now, can anyone please help, i just dont why I did this in the first place but now everyday im crying in the inside and i just feel sooo ashamed!!!

Last edited by Prozac; August 8th 2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Moved to Friends & Family

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: guilty and suffering on the inside - August 11th 2010, 12:47 AM

Hello, and welcome to TeenHelp! Many of us have stretched the truth at times in order to impress our friends. You may have gone a little further than most people would, but please don't feel too bad about what you did! I can certainly understand your reasons for doing so. It really sucks when you feel like no one is interested in you.

How long have you known these friends for, and how close are you to them? Is there one person that you feel particularly close to? Perhaps it would be best to tell one person at first, and to ask them to forgive you. Then, with that one friend backing you up, tell everyone else the truth. Tell them why you did it - because you wanted to be accepted, and you believed they wouldn't like you otherwise. Ask them all to forgive you, and see what happens.

Some of them may be upset (I know I would be), so give them some time and space if they need it. Others may not forgive you at all... but I guess that means they weren't very good "friends" after all, so it's not really your loss. =)

Most importantly, learn from this experience. No matter how lonely you may be, it's never a good idea to lie in order to make friends. Be honest with the people you meet, and sooner or later, you'll find people who like you for who you are. You won't need to lie about where you're from or who you're related to... none of that will matter. All that WILL matter is that you're a sincere, interesting person to be around... and people will want to be your friend for THOSE reasons. =D

Closed Thread