TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Katie Lydia Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Katie

My Dad - February 16th 2009, 07:56 PM

Ok, Lets call this problem no. 1 of Katie's Life lol.

Ok, try and follow me cause this is gonna be long.

I've never met my dad, never seen a picture and have no clue where he is, i grew up with just my mother and as a kid i would always notice everyone else and their dads and when i asked my mother about my dad it started off as "He's not here/he's away" etc. and fair enough that's what i would say to a 5/6/7yr old. Then at 10-14yrs old it became "He doesn't want to know you" Obviously quite harsh but i appreciate her honesty but i was lead to believe that he just disappeared (My mums exact words) but he kept saying (through the child support agency) that it was a one night stand and im not his kid and that a dna test wasn't done. Right.

Then recently my friend found out who her dad was so it prompted me to start the search again thinking it can be done. So one day my friend was telling me about her wonderful father was showing her pictures of his kids so i came home in tears and i asked my mum again about my father and she must have seen the hurt in my eyes and told me the truth.
  • A DNA test was done (I was told there wasn't one)
  • He does know i exist (I was originally told he was gone before my mum knew she was pregnant)
  • He met my mother when i was 9 (Told she's never seen him since he disappeared)
  • She has been receiving child support from him (Was just the csa couldn't find him)
We had a screaming match and over the past few weeks i've been having breakdowns but i've sort of sorted myself out now.

Anyway the help i was hoping for was advice to help me find my dad, i only know basic information like name, dob, last known employment. I don't know where to start and i don't know if i've been given the full truth, i tried to question my mum and thats when the screaming match occured because apparantly i don't trust her. I never once said that, it's not a crime to have doubts when you've just been told the truth at 17! But my mum won't help me because he hurt her and i understand that but i would have atleast liked her to tell me where to start but nevermind.

Where do i start? The electoral roll won't help, i need to pay for that. Would the citizens advice bureau help?

(Im brittish so i appreciate the help from everyone but american sites won't help me) xx

Apologies for the life story lol.

Razors pain you
Rivers are damp
Acid stains you
Drugs cause cramp
Guns aren't lawful
Nooses give
Gas smells awful
You might as well live.

♥ Family ♥ Animals ♥ Cats

Closed Thread