TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
katherinexrenee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katherine

Miserable. (long story) - August 12th 2010, 06:33 AM

just for the record, i don't know how to explain the story without names and such, so i just said it like i'd explain to my other friends of something.
sorry!

so at trisha's birthday party, kristin, trisha and i were looking for people to prank text, and lydia was one of the people we found.
so kristin tried to freak her out saying she was a slut and she knows about lydia sleeping with nick and stuff,
and she was just trying to piss lydia off.
but then lydia kept accusing her of being me because "i'm the only one with a problem with lydia"
so eventually i got pissed and we started arguing (me and lydia),
but i told her everything she wanted to know.
but i definitely didn't call her a slut or any of that.
and then she told her mom i did, so her parents freaked out and printed the convo and came to my parents (our parents are best friends) and made them read it.
but before they did and before i knew they printed it,
i told my mom everything i said, and it matched.
well we used haley mitchel's phone because lydia doesn't know her and she was sleeping, so her parents wanted to call haley, but i said she had nothing to do with it.
and her parents and my parents were fighting, but i didn't want them involved because i didn't want them to get mad at eachother because lydia and i can't get along.
so my mom said if i talk to her again or anything, i lost my phone. so i promised i wouldn't.
well, i lied. i sent her a huuuge apology, then stopped forever.

so today i was at my church tubing party,
and cara and kristin stole my phone and texted a bunch of guys in my phone saying that they're sexy and crap, and they ended up texting matt.
so matt told lydia, lydia told her parents, and they called screaming at my parents and i had no idea they even had my phone.
so kristin called my mom and explained, then called lydia's mom and left a message, and i came home with logan, hannah, haylie, and trisha.
and my mom called my to the kitchen saying i fucked up everything and i ruined their friendship because of me and lydia,
and i knew that they were texting him,
and i was there and i was letting it happen.
but i barely had my phone ALL DAY.
and i was freaking out.
so they aren't friends anymore,
my parents hate me,
and i'm so confused as to what lydia thinks about me at the moment.

all i want is for this to be over.
because i never meant to even fight,
and i didn't think she'd take the prank seriously,
because i told lydia it was a prank until she pissed me off,
because we both said some things,
but honestly, hers were worse.
anyway,
i just want our parents to get along again.
because they shouldn't fight our stupid fight.

i'm so miserable knowing my parents hate me and they're miserable.
and i don't know how to fix it.
i'm too scared to ask what they actually fought about.

hello there

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Miserable. (long story) - August 13th 2010, 02:08 AM

Ooh boy. That sounds rather frustrating. =( I'm sorry to hear about what's going on.

Well, first of all, I would stop talking to these so-called "friends" who keep stealing your phone and getting you into trouble. They don't seem to respect you, your property, or your boundaries... so if you can't keep an eye on your cell phone/computer 24/7, don't have those girls around. One of these days, they could do something REALLY bad.

As for Lydia and her family... would it be possible for you to go to their house (alone) and apologize to each person individually? Apologize to Lydia, then Lydia's mother, then Lydia's father, for all the drama that has been created? They may not forgive you right away, but at least you could say that you gave it your best shot.

Your parents will probably need some time as well. It can take a while to earn back a parent's trust, so just prove to them through your actions, every single day, that you are in control of your actions and are making sure that something like this doesn't happen again, either by your doing or by your friends' doing.

Closed Thread