TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
amytt68 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

bit of a rant - August 14th 2010, 12:36 PM

omg!!! i am so freakn sick of all this shit! im sick of listening to my brother and his gf fuck 24/7 in his room. why would i wanna hear that! fuck! and my mum is soo fucking abusive. omg! fuck all this disrespect ey. in this house there are house rules, but guess what?! as my brother is the favourite, they only apply to me. fantastic! like i have to constantly cook, clean and look after everyone. im so sick of all this shit and being used like this. everyone leaves disgusting messes everywhere. all the time. but if i do, even for a second BAM! abuse time for me. this is soo fucked up. my brothers gf steals all my stuff. she has money, i dont. and pleeeeeeeease dont tell me to simply move it. i wish it was that fucking easy.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: bit of a rant - August 17th 2010, 02:47 AM

Well, you may not want to hear it, but I'm going to say it anyway. You're an adult now... so you don't have to live with your mom and brother if you don't want to. You can search for job listings, apply, go to interviews, work as many hours as possible, save up money (either hide it or open up a bank account), and eventually have enough to pay for rent/utilities/food on your own. It's not easy, but if you don't want to deal with all this crap anymore, then that's what you'll have to do. You may have other family members or friends who would be willing to board you for a few weeks while you're looking for work. There are organizations that help unemployed adults find temporary work, full-time work, write resumes, etc. There are also charities that offer some financial support to those who are currently attempting to leave an abusive environment.

I wish you all the best of luck! Again, it's not easy, but you CAN do it. =) Don't even doubt your ability to take control of your life and do whatever is in your best interests.

(Oh, and wear headphones/listen to music when your brother and his girlfriend are being loud. I know that's probably not want you wanted to hear, either, but you can't force them to be quiet.)

Closed Thread