TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bookwork Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Me and my Best friend had a fight..and we aren't friends anymore..? :( - August 17th 2010, 01:49 PM

Me and my best friend just had this arguement and she basically said she didn't wanted to be friends anymore. But I don't know what I did. Was she ever my friend in the first place if she could act like this?? Heres everytihng that happened.

So yesterday night I was watching t.v and I got bored and decided to text her. She didn't answer so I called. Still she didn't answer. No big deal. A few minutes later she texted back saying she was watching a show on t.v. So we started texting each other while watching television. I don't know what went wrong after that.

The other night she said she wanted me to tell her what was gonna happen on degrassi because she doesn't get TeenNick and I was watching it before I started texting. During our conversation I remembered and I sent

Me: Whoa...you missed it.. ( I was trying to tease and I figured she'd know what I was talking about)

Her: what?

Me: I'm not telling( I was still teasing)

The next thing I know she says " Okay...Goodnight then"
I didn't know what to make of it. She said goodnight but it so sudden and random I thought she was mad. And plus she never goes to bed that early, so I did begin to believe she was mad. So I asked her if she was mad and she said yea. So I called her phone, and she ignored me. So I asked what did I say..and she ignored that for a while then she finally sends " NOTHING BOY!"
I probably shoulda left it alone but I wanted to know what was wrong so I called calling again and she ignored that. So after me texting her to pick up the phone several times and getting no back, I became irritated and said " Fine goodnight then"

Then she said I was annoying her then she finally sent " GOODNIGHT! DO YOU UNDERSTAND!?"

I became angry then but I didn't say anything back. So I sat up on facebook all night talking to another another friend of mine about something completely unrelated. I just needed to get my focus on something else. Though.. I made a status saying " Am I a bad person?" because I was still trying to figure out what I had done. It was really getting to me. She got on and must've saw it because she sent me a message about it. Then we had another arguement on face book. Heres the messages.

Her: Taking things too far doesnt make u a bad person..annoying maybe..but not a bad person.

Me: I made a joke and you get angry ....

Her: Lol u just proved my point. Haha

Me: No I couldnt sleep, I've been talking to my friend all night, and u proved mine... sad

Her: thats nice
(She started typing statuses from lessons in the bible, obvously because of me)Me: How can you preach the bible then act mean...what did I do? I just made a joke about not telling u what happened on degrassi...then you tore my head off.

Her: wow i just said goodnight n u think im mean? U crack me
up sometimes.
Me: hmmm....so u didnt want to talk to me?

Her: not really.. Cause talking to my friends unless its important, with useless talks pretty much bores me n i need to spend more time with God. Thats one of da reasons im not doing Bible Study..so yea. I didnt want to talk to u..

Me: I utterly respect your devotion to god, its very admirable... and I had no idea of your reasoning...but have you done this to everybody today or just me...be honest

Her: just the ones that mostly talk to me...
Me: I won't ever bother you again then. Sorry for wanting to say hi.

Her: Okay? Goodnite..
Me: Night.
Her: this drama queen.. Romans 8..read it..maybe u will finally understand.. I thought u were better than that..smh
Me: I will read it but you basically said we aren't worth your time because we bore you with useless talks. you were watching tv...so I dont get it. but I'll read it

Her: Cause I watch something that is not useless..n dang i wanna cuss u out so bad but i cant..da Devil will not succeed.

Me: I dont wanna cuss you out...nor do I wanna argue. and I'm not mad...more like hurt. I dont think you did this to your other friends and criminal minds is as useless as everything else on tv. but thats beside the point. idk what happened. I just wanted to talk. I didnt know..
(This is where it got ugly)
Her: okay u know what? U always takin things too far..i have tolerated this enough..ur arrogant n i am sick of ur attitude.. Goodbye n have a good life.

Me: I just wanted to talk earlier. I didnt even know... sad

Her: its a little too late..

Me: I just wanted to talk...like we usually do...I didnt know...don't go please..

( I used to have a problem with cutting and self harm so she tried to throw it at me here)

Her: Just dont committ suicide..if u do..not my problem..cause i warned u..also continue praying and studying Gods Word..i forgive u but i cant put up with tolerating this anymore..

(I probably sounded like I was begging here but I just wanted to know what on earth did I do)

Me: Wait please what did I do? I wont kill myself..but I dont want to lors you...you're my best friend..
(When she said she forgave me, I put I forgive you too)

Her: u should know..u just pissed me off da moment u wrote that status..wow..anyway im not being mean BECAUSE I AM GOING THRO SOME VERY BAD THINGS N I WOULD LIKE IT IF U JUST FREAKING GET THAT IN UR ******** THICK SKULL! anyway i need time away from u n some friends.

( here I kinda accepted what was happening, and I still didn't know waht I did,)

Me: I understand that...and you taught me so much( she put me in bible study)...I can never thank you enough...so I'm sorry for what I did( I still don't know what the hell I did)...I understand if you dont want to friends anymore...but thanks . I love you like a sister.thanks for forgiving me...again ( we another fight in the past that was my fault but this one..Idk waht I did), but I knew reasoning was done so I tried to accept it)

Her: whatever..bye Derrick

What did do...Did I do anything wrong. At first I was mad and I was like so what...let her go...but nnow I feel depressed. I just want my friend back sad . What do I do?

My name is a typo, its supposed to be BookWorm, lol

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Daydreamer Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Me and my Best friend had a fight..and we aren't friends anymore..? :( - August 17th 2010, 03:49 PM

To me it sounds like she was a little frustrated that you continued to text her after she said she was going to bed. I think that she was probably annoyed that you continued to try and talk to her when she didn't want to talk. I don't think you did anything wrong, but I think you need to give her some space. Maybe she feels like she's growing distant from God, and wants to take some time to reflect on that and have some time just to herself. I would give her some time and see if she tries to contact you. And if in a week she still isn't talking to you go form there.

I hope that you two will be able to talk it out in person, because it sounds like a misunderstanding.
-Megan

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” 9.12.09 <3

Tumblr http://lovelylaughter.tumblr.com/

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DemonQueen Offline
amber_teh_shark since 2004
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: Me and my Best friend had a fight..and we aren't friends anymore..? :( - August 17th 2010, 11:05 PM

To me, it sounds like she's obviously quite annoyed. If she's going through a hard time then it's quite understandable that she needs time. Give her the time she needs and when she needs you, she'll come back. I'm sure you didn't lose her as a friend.

I've been through hell and back and came out stronger than ever.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
facade Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Me and my Best friend had a fight..and we aren't friends anymore..? :( - August 17th 2010, 11:13 PM

i agree with the people above;
space seems like the type of thing she needs...
no one wants to be bothered when theyre already irritated or annoyed
or going through some troubles and just want to figure it out on their own...

i hope you guys get things situated out
& become friends again...
its tough losing a best friend.

Closed Thread