TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxJoolay Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Julie

My friends are putting me down. ): - August 23rd 2010, 10:25 PM

So, I was school shopping for clothes, and I bought these new shoes. I really really thought they were cute, so I bought them. I bought the air force ones by Kobe Bryant from the Lakers. They are the Lakers colors, yellow and purple. I knew that my friends weren't fans of the Lakers, but they asked me what I bought and then they just said, 'EW, that's hella ugly!' or 'Yuck.' And then I told my other friends that were Lakers fans and they even said they wouldn't wear it. Now I'm having second thoughts about these shoes and I can't return it since they were on sale. I think I just wasted my money on these shoes. :/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: My friends are putting me down. ): - August 23rd 2010, 10:34 PM

If you like the shoes then keep them. The most interesting people I know are the people who don't give a shit about what other people think about trivial things like shoes.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: My friends are putting me down. ): - August 23rd 2010, 11:06 PM

They sound cool Seriously, it might be easier said than done, but ignore your friends. It's your decision that matters. Plus, they may have been a little harsh about their opinions on your shows, but if you look on the positive side, it means when they say they like something of yours, they probably mean it. Hope you're ok (: xxx

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: My friends are putting me down. ): - August 23rd 2010, 11:37 PM

Wait one second. Did you buy the shoes for them? Or yourself.. Do you really pay so much attention to what others think about your style so much that youll change who you are and what you like for them? Wear the shoes! They are to make you feet look good not your friends.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
rosesRblue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dani

Re: My friends are putting me down. ): - August 24th 2010, 03:21 AM

Honey, if YOU like the shoes then that's all that should matter. Don't ever feel like you need to blend in with the crowd. You didn't buy the shoes to please them, you bought the shoes to please you. You liked them and thought that they were cool. That's it. If your friends don't like them then tough shit! That's their problem. NOT yours.

“No other acoustic instrument can match the piano's expressive range, and no electric instrument can match its mystery.”

Kenneth Miller quotes

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My friends are putting me down. ): - August 24th 2010, 10:45 AM

I know how you feel a couple of years ago i bought some trainers that i liked, but my freinds hated them and were very open about that fact even making fun of me. Even when i told them that i'm the one gonna be wearing them they turned around and said "yeah but we have to look at them". I had second thoughts about whether i should have bought them or not, but that was because of what my friends were saying. In the end i decided that i bought them for me, not my freinds. And i wore them, regardless of what stupid comments they made i wore them no matter what they said. I liked them, that's all that matters.

And if you like your shoes, well then that's all that matters. Just wear them, your friends can say anything they like but if you like them then they can't do anything about it. It's 100% your choice. You don't have to conform to what other people like you are your own person with your own tastes. It may be difficult because you'll feel like your drawing attention to yourself by wearing them but if your friends really are your friends then they will respect your choices and let it go.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
VoodooGirl Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sam

Re: My friends are putting me down. ): - September 8th 2010, 01:42 AM

Everyone has a different style and maybe that's not there's but it doesn't mean it's not cool. If you like them that's all that matters. Chances are they are going to one day purchase something you won't like, and maybe you can show them how to be honest in a nice way- it's possible.

But otherwise, wear those shoes and own it gurl frand (okay....that last part was unnecessary)

Take A Sad Song and Make It Better (8)

(#8 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: My friends are putting me down. ): - September 9th 2010, 08:05 AM

Why did you waste your money on the shoes? You liked them and you bought them, that is perfectly normal and no money is wasted!
You shouldn't care what other people think, I know I do, so this is quite hypocritical of me but just ignore them. If they diss you that much, then they aren't your friends! I love my best friend no matter what she wears! (she does wear nice stuff though)

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: My friends are putting me down. ): - September 10th 2010, 09:29 AM

Wear them, and wear them proud.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
mckay Offline
Not a n00b

Re: My friends are putting me down. ): - September 10th 2010, 10:31 AM

You know I sometimes used to be like this, but in the end i thought well i dont want to be like anybody else i like been different and i just wore the things i thought looked best.

The best advice i can give is, dont think about anybody else. I always think that u dress to your personality! So dont listen to them and i wouldnt even ask if they like them and id they do pass comments i would ignore them at the end of the day you wear what you want to wear sweedie!

Love Paris x

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: My friends are putting me down. ): - September 10th 2010, 10:59 AM

I used to be exactly like this too

I always cared, although I told myself I didn't

I did some CRAZY exercises which I don't recommend. What I did was approach extremely hot girls on Granville street in Vancouver and be like
"Hey, I have something to tell you." (pause until I get their attention) "I have an extremely small penis"

Closed Thread