TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Music In My Heart 120's Avatar
 
Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Minnesota

Posts: 723
Blog Entries: 11
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Exclamation My Adoption Story - welcome to ask questions or comment - September 12th 2010, 08:03 PM

Hey for anyone who reads this I want to share a bit about my story

At 7 1/2 years old I came to the US from Europe (Bulgaria) !!!
My first plane ride was then and I got sick then an I had not much except the cloths on my back an I only spoke my native launguage so it made things difficult as everyone spoke English on the plane !!!


Earlier before then I got sick after birth I was anemic an my left leg was smaller then my right leg so I had a limp and I also on top of that had asthma
and my birth mother could not care for me as she was probably at a young age an she was poor to an we think not sure but my birth father might have left her after he learnt she was pregant ( we think this not sure)

So my birth mother left me at hospital and she never birth mother , never visted me there nor at the two orphanges I was later at after and after I was taken care of at the hopspital for a few months I was out into a young kids orphange where for awhile bout several months then after that I was transferred to an older orphange !!!!! Where I was there for several months when finally there I got adopted !!!

Before the adoption happened we had to wait 6 months cause my birth mothers father visted me in the older orphange and also my birth mother would not sign the adoption papers for a family in new jersey who wanted to adopt me !

After the 6 months I was adopted to a family in the US and my bmother finally signed the papers
!!!!!!!


It took me seven years to learn English and other things came slowly after that like school an learning basic education like math etc
and so that's my story

If you want to ask me questions I would be happy to answer them or to offer help an support to those who have gone through adoption or are in the process of giving up a child for adoption !!!
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
.:Bibliophile:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Just me

Posts: 17,905
Blog Entries: 1868
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: My Adoption Story - welcome to ask questions or comment - September 13th 2010, 04:08 AM

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing this story. I am going to go ahead and move this to a different forum that might be better suited for this. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to let me know.

Jenna


|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Music In My Heart 120's Avatar
 
Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Minnesota

Posts: 723
Blog Entries: 11
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Smile Re: My Adoption Story - welcome to ask questions or comment - September 13th 2010, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CourageousSurvivor~ View Post
Hey there,

Thanks for sharing this story. I am going to go ahead and move this to a different forum that might be better suited for this. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to let me know.

Jenna


That's ok I was not sure anyways where it should go
it's alright to move it to another spot
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Stardaze's Avatar
 
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: California

Posts: 5,799
Blog Entries: 275
Join Date: November 7th 2009

Re: My Adoption Story - welcome to ask questions or comment - September 13th 2010, 06:56 AM

I wasn't adopted by my biological father was abusive to my mother so she escaped him, and met my Dad when i was two years old. I didn't find this all out until i was almost 19 years old. I'm glad i found out though. Since my dad passed away in 08 theres not much i can really do about asking him/ thanking him for raising me even though i was not his. He did everything for me and made me the person i am today.

Thank you for sharing your story




   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Music In My Heart 120's Avatar
 
Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Minnesota

Posts: 723
Blog Entries: 11
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Smile Re: My Adoption Story - welcome to ask questions or comment - September 13th 2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylight View Post
I wasn't adopted by my biological father was abusive to my mother so she escaped him, and met my Dad when i was two years old. I didn't find this all out until i was almost 19 years old. I'm glad i found out though. Since my dad passed away in 08 theres not much i can really do about asking him/ thanking him for raising me even though i was not his. He did everything for me and made me the person i am today.

Thank you for sharing your story
But at least you had a family a good thing to be thankful for

Aww thanks I was glad to share my story
an wow that is amazing that you had a father to do that
an it is great your mother escaped the abusive bio dad
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
kadyCHAOS Offline
sleep when your dead
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
kadyCHAOS's Avatar
 
Name: kady
Age: 30
Gender: Female

Posts: 523
Join Date: January 24th 2009

Re: My Adoption Story - welcome to ask questions or comment - September 15th 2010, 12:29 AM

hey there, i was adopted too. my adoptive parents got my and my brother because my mom was unable to have biological children of her own. i got adopted when i was about one and a half. apparently my biological mother was young when she got pregnant and both her and my father had drug and alcohol issues. i think now that im over 18, i can try to contact my biological parents if i want to. besides that i don't know much else about them though.




   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Music In My Heart 120's Avatar
 
Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Minnesota

Posts: 723
Blog Entries: 11
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Arrow Re: My Adoption Story - welcome to ask questions or comment - September 15th 2010, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadyCHAOS View Post
hey there, i was adopted too. my adoptive parents got my and my brother because my mom was unable to have biological children of her own. i got adopted when i was about one and a half. apparently my biological mother was young when she got pregnant and both her and my father had drug and alcohol issues. i think now that im over 18, i can try to contact my biological parents if i want to. besides that i don't know much else about them though.
hey
that's cool
an wow that must have been scary for you and ESP at a such young age wow ! Do blame your bio parents?/ are you glad you were adopted?

Would you ever try to find them or would u not be ready yet ? You can pm me if you would feel more comfertable and don't have to answer if u do t want to
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
kadyCHAOS Offline
sleep when your dead
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
kadyCHAOS's Avatar
 
Name: kady
Age: 30
Gender: Female

Posts: 523
Join Date: January 24th 2009

Re: My Adoption Story - welcome to ask questions or comment - September 15th 2010, 11:14 PM

nah i don't mind talking about it at all. honestly since i was was so young i don't remember much of if. i don't remember my bio parents. just a few bits and pieces of foster homes i was in before i got adopted. i don't blame my bio parents, i actually look up to my mother for making the decision she did. she knew she wouldn't be able to raise me properly so she found my parents, who were unable to physically have a child but wanted kids and were ready to take on the responsibility. i'd have to say that i am glad i got adopted. i love my family with all my heart and they are amazing people to have in my life. i can say i never truly felt a true family bond with them if you'd call it that. just like some connections missing even though i've known them my whole life and love and care for them so greatly.

i do want to meet my biological parents. to me it would be like opening or closing a door. if we decide to be back in each others life's, then wonderful. if not, then it gives me a sense of closure, you know? like its not just a what if anymore. either way it gives me an answer. i'd love to meet my siblings. the adoption agent did tell my adoptive parents that i have them.




   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Music In My Heart 120's Avatar
 
Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Minnesota

Posts: 723
Blog Entries: 11
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Smile Re: My Adoption Story - welcome to ask questions or comment - September 16th 2010, 04:21 AM

Hey there
yea it for sure can be a jouney a long one adoption We have to go through some large hoops before we are able to settle but i am glad you at least like your family but that is understandle that you dont feel a very strong close bond as you joined them later on i feel same here with my family now (adoptive) !

Thats great that you respect your bio parents an look up to them that really helps make a diffrenence a good difference though an i can totallly relate a 100 percent that you need closure and to do that you need to understand an know how your adoption came about but be ready for it when you feel you are able to do it for example when ur older is good


Be ready for the possibilty of rejection or not being able to contact them but still keep that hope
that would be cool though to meet your siblings an ur bio parents !!
Wish you luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadyCHAOS View Post
nah i don't mind talking about it at all. honestly since i was was so young i don't remember much of if. i don't remember my bio parents. just a few bits and pieces of foster homes i was in before i got adopted. i don't blame my bio parents, i actually look up to my mother for making the decision she did. she knew she wouldn't be able to raise me properly so she found my parents, who were unable to physically have a child but wanted kids and were ready to take on the responsibility. i'd have to say that i am glad i got adopted. i love my family with all my heart and they are amazing people to have in my life. i can say i never truly felt a true family bond with them if you'd call it that. just like some connections missing even though i've known them my whole life and love and care for them so greatly.

i do want to meet my biological parents. to me it would be like opening or closing a door. if we decide to be back in each others life's, then wonderful. if not, then it gives me a sense of closure, you know? like its not just a what if anymore. either way it gives me an answer. i'd love to meet my siblings. the adoption agent did tell my adoptive parents that i have them.

Last edited by Music In My Heart 120; September 16th 2010 at 04:28 AM.
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
cleostar09 Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
cleostar09's Avatar
 
Name: *Annastesia*
Gender: Female

Posts: 49
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: My Adoption Story - welcome to ask questions or comment - September 17th 2010, 06:57 PM

I was adopted too. I was adopted at 2 months old after my mom gave me up. IDK anything bout my Bmom except that she has two older children a boy and a girl. She was pretty young to take care of 3 children so she gave me up. She doesn't know who my bdad is though. I heard she is from Chicago and I do want to find her one day. I just want to wait till my life is going smoothly before I do that. Before I turned 18 I couldn't wait to meet her and my other family. I dreamed about it since I was little. Now that I know I can find her when I want, I want to wait a bit. Not too long though maybe a year or so. But anyway, all of my siblings are adopted (there are 8 of us). We each have different circumstances concerning our adoptions. Some of my sibs aren't aloud to see their parents, one is from Guatemala, some have open adoptions, and I have a closed adoption (which was the only option 20 years ago). I'm very grateful that my bmom decided it would be best if I didn't live with her and I can't imagine what she was feeling when she had to give me up, but it was for the best!


Servatis a periculum...
Servatis a maleficum...
  Send a message via Yahoo to cleostar09  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Music In My Heart 120's Avatar
 
Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Minnesota

Posts: 723
Blog Entries: 11
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: My Adoption Story - welcome to ask questions or comment - September 19th 2010, 04:41 AM

Aww yea it may be best to wait until you are ready an more able to handle emotions an such that arise

And amazing story wow yea I had a closed adoption to and I would hopefully be able to find my family someday and I wish the best for you

I am glad you are understanding it was for the best you were given up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleostar09 View Post
I was adopted too. I was adopted at 2 months old after my mom gave me up. IDK anything bout my Bmom except that she has two older children a boy and a girl. She was pretty young to take care of 3 children so she gave me up. She doesn't know who my bdad is though. I heard she is from Chicago and I do want to find her one day. I just want to wait till my life is going smoothly before I do that. Before I turned 18 I couldn't wait to meet her and my other family. I dreamed about it since I was little. Now that I know I can find her when I want, I want to wait a bit. Not too long though maybe a year or so. But anyway, all of my siblings are adopted (there are 8 of us). We each have different circumstances concerning our adoptions. Some of my sibs aren't aloud to see their parents, one is from Guatemala, some have open adoptions, and I have a closed adoption (which was the only option 20 years ago). I'm very grateful that my bmom decided it would be best if I didn't live with her and I can't imagine what she was feeling when she had to give me up, but it was for the best!
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
adoption, comment, questions, story

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright 1998-2021, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints | Mobile

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.