TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

My family - February 18th 2009, 08:50 PM

I am sick of my family. My sister is an overdramatic B*tch and my mom just does not understand me. My sister is younger than me and thinks she can boss me around just because I am weaker. My sister hates me and I don't care, because I do not care for her anymore as she does not care for me. She is very hostile. My mom thinks that everything is my fault and she does not even care. I cannot wait until I move out!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MiserableAtBest Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Belle

Re: My family - February 19th 2009, 01:10 AM

Sorry to hear your having trouble with your family , families always argue and its most often because your together a lot of the time , try to go out with friends and just have a little space away from your family , don't cut them off completely though , try and eat meals together and just have a lighthearted conversation , it doesn't have to be too deep , just ask them how their day was , and I'm certain your Sister doesn't hate you , siblings argue all the time , and even though you might not think it now because your angry and upset in the future you'll be glad you have your siblings. If you ever need to talk PM me.
x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lace

Re: My family - February 19th 2009, 06:14 AM

Unfortunatly, families are really hard to deal with. Your always around them and being around anyone for too long is just never good.
When are you moving out? I made a countdown until I am off to college. My family is just about the same as yours.
One of these days I really recommend putting your family in their place, they might actually respect you for it.
I also agree with Belle, I doubt she hates you b/c that is just how sisters are but you do need to let her know that even if you are weaker then her, you are still a person and you don't need to be treated badly.

Feel free to PM me anytime, I know how tough families can get. *hugs* it'll hopefully get better soon and if not, well your moving out and you can have your space (even though unfortunatly I heard that even people who want to get away as much as us end up missing them too...><)
Lace

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My family - February 19th 2009, 05:14 PM

hey chloe.

i think that your family is suffering from a case of severe miscommunication.. you people need to have a heart-to-heart talk with each other .... it helps wonders to get close to each other emotionally... who knows your sister , DEEP inside her is a girl just waiting to break out and give you the biggest carebear hug in the world.

hence, i THINK the key is miscommunication. i think there are FEW, if any at all, families who dont truly love each other, deeply to the core. and hence, with a little communication, i believe that you people can get closer to each other again and settle the disputes and eventually become closer and happier

and one tip for days which you feel down.. do something simple.. like maybe read a book.. or hang out with a close mate where you'd be able to talk to him /her about whatever's happened and i'm sure that mate's gonna support and bring you right back up

and never to forget we're always up for bringing you back up too

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: My family - February 19th 2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiChloe View Post
I am sick of my family. My sister is an overdramatic B*tch and my mom just does not understand me. My sister is younger than me and thinks she can boss me around just because I am weaker. My sister hates me and I don't care, because I do not care for her anymore as she does not care for me. She is very hostile. My mom thinks that everything is my fault and she does not even care. I cannot wait until I move out!!
I can definitely relate to what you are saying. Living with the same people everyday can be a huge pain in the ass. The only thing that I can think of that might help until you are able to move out is just getting away from them on certain occasions. Just go out and do things throughout the day so you're not constantly locked in the house with them. Every family fights, and sometimes they even get sick of each other after awhile. Honestly, I don't think you could even call someone your family if you didn't fight almost constantly. It's just a part of being related.. not to much fun, but it's just one of those things that's naturally expected. Just remember to take time for yourself, and I think once you move out and aren't constantly around your family you'll get along a lot better when you do see each other. Good luck! x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My family - February 19th 2009, 07:49 PM

Thanks everyone...I am seeing a family counselor tonight.......

This still does not change the way I feel about my family. I just cannot take it anymore. I would go out and I do occasionally, but I usually don't have anyplace to go and sometimes I am too depressed to go out.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: My family - February 19th 2009, 10:52 PM

Hi Chloe,

Even if you don't feel like getting out, I think it would be the best thing to do to get your mind off of whatever is making you sad and depressed. Just convince yourself that you need to do something and get out of the negative environment at home. Walk around the block and think things over. Invite some friends to go with you to talk and then you can talk to someone else when you're not feeling good.

I think seeing the family counselor is a good idea. I really hope this helps solve things with your mom and sister. Let us know how it goes, alright?

All the best to you.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My family - February 20th 2009, 12:10 AM

be sure to update us on what the family counsellor says but sometimes i think its good to go out especially if you're down.. it helps to take a breath of fresh air and just have some fun. it does wonders actually.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: My family - February 20th 2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiChloe View Post
Thanks everyone...I am seeing a family counselor tonight.......

This still does not change the way I feel about my family. I just cannot take it anymore. I would go out and I do occasionally, but I usually don't have anyplace to go and sometimes I am too depressed to go out.
Going to the counselor is a great idea, let us know how it goes (:
And I know that when you're down to begin with you don't exactly feel like going anywhere, but sometimes getting up and doing something fun really does help and you might return home in a better mood and what your family says might not bring that mood down as easily. Just try your hardest to do something fun once in a while, I think you could benefit from that alone..

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My family - February 20th 2009, 04:59 AM

Hey hun I'm sorry to hear about what's going on with your family.

I went thru some rough times with my family for awhile. I ran away from home right after I graduated to another state...avoid my family when they called...I thought everything would get better if they were'nt around...but after awhile I missed them more than anything...I ended up moving back after 6 months. I visit my family as much as I can now. Things aren't perfect, but they are my family and no matter what I love them..

Basically what I'm saying is that I know your upset with your family right now, but I promise things will get better...I know you prolly wish you could get away from them, but once they are gone I'm sure your going to miss them. Just try talking to everyone...maybe start having family meetings? Talk to your mom about how you feel and see if she will help come up with a solution as a family.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Magical Forest. Offline
Crazy Penguin Lady
I can't get enough

Name: Hannah

Re: My family - February 20th 2009, 01:08 PM

Your sister sounds a lot like mine so I sort of know what it's like.

Family councelling can really help you sort out your differences, just be honest and let everyone know how you feel so that it's easier for you to be with them. Tension in the house is no good for anybody, especially if you're feeling depressed.

x

(#12 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My family - February 20th 2009, 11:43 PM

Laugh in the face of turmoil.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My family - February 21st 2009, 12:10 AM

Thanks for all of your replies...

I talked to the family counselor and she did not understand fully. I guess it is because noone lives the way we live. My dad was very angry before he and my mom got divorced. He was a bad influence. Anyways, my appointment did go okay, but I still think the same about my sister and my mom.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My family - February 21st 2009, 06:06 AM

it can be hard to change an impression that has long set foot in your mind but i believe you work towards it. try talking to your sister more about it because i still THINK that serious communication is the key towards making everything better

definitely, everything shall improve!

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My family - February 21st 2009, 11:53 AM

You don't understand, there cannot be any communication between my sister and I without any yelling and stuff like that.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My family - February 21st 2009, 03:40 PM

then she is too impulsive... I'M REALLY CONFIDENT that inside her, a part of her just wants to reconcile, hug and do all the mushy stuff again.

try speaking to her in the most sibling-ish way possible. Sisterhood melts every girl down.. i hope (or i know )

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My family - February 21st 2009, 04:49 PM

Trust me...this sisterhood relationship is broken beyond repair.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My family - February 22nd 2009, 03:00 AM

then get a new one.. as in like try talking to her and this time, actually try to talk to her about whats happening and all that. try talking to her about whats going on.. bout that (imagine this is an available topic ) hot guy he's going after..and all that.

try finding a conversation topic first and then when you both can connect, a siblingship stronger than any will eventually be built.

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My family - February 22nd 2009, 12:07 PM

*shakes head* You don't get it. She and I can never have a relationship of any kind right now.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
helped Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My family - February 27th 2009, 09:16 AM

you are suffer from your sisters behaviour i think you are in big trouble. your mom can understand you because you are older. you can try best for your sister to be happy. you can't think about move out from your home.

Closed Thread