TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
haveXhope Offline
Not a n00b

No trust - October 3rd 2010, 08:51 PM

I was friends with this girl for 2 years and we've gotten really close over that amount of time and eventually we started calling ourselves "best friends". In the past 4 or 5 years I've been going through a really hard time and I have ALWAYS put my problems in the back of my head, and listen to whatever is going on with her, or anyone else for that matter. Point is, I put other people before me, no matter what. So of course, when I lost my daughter last year, I started drifting away from people and sinking back into depression and what not. But still, I always helped her in an attempt to forget my problems. But now that it's coming close to a year, I've been feeling very lonely and upset. It just got worse when I saw an away message saying that she only has four friends and she's "okay" with that, and she listed the four friends. So, of course.. I instant messaged her and asked her why we all of a sudden aren't friends. She replied saying.. "you are my friend. my best friend. just not a close friend. these friends i can trust with everything and i know they'll never leave me." WHAAAAAAAAAT?! that got me soooo infuriated. I didn't know what to do. I left it alone after simply saying, "When have I ever given you a reason not to trust me? and I'm always here for you, always have been, always will.. why do you think I'm gonna up and leave? that's just stupid." and I signed off and she hasn't acknowledged that conversation yet. She just keeps talking to me, saying hi and joking around. We don't tell each other anything anymore. Cause after she basically said she can't trust me... why should I trust her? Now, I feel like all my friends are up and leaving because of me drifting mentally or whatever.. Idk what to do. :/

Bri.
I wanna know how it feels to be happy.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AmyIsLegit Offline
(:
Average Joe

Name: Amy (:

Re: No trust - October 4th 2010, 09:06 PM

You really can't do anything.
You could just try to talk to her, and work things out. Or let it be. It's really up to you. Good luck, and sorry that I wasn't much help..

Second chances; They don't matter.
People never change.
  Send a message via AIM to AmyIsLegit Send a message via MSN to AmyIsLegit Send a message via Yahoo to AmyIsLegit Send a message via Skype™ to AmyIsLegit 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: No trust - October 4th 2010, 09:17 PM

You say you're 'best friends', but if you can't trust each other, then you're not really very good friends. She doesn't seem that 'nice' to you anyway, and doesn't appear to think that much of you.

There doesn't seem to be much that you can do, I would try to find some nicer friends though. Someone who can trust you, and whom you can trust also.

Take care.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: No trust - October 6th 2010, 04:36 AM

Does she know your problems?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: No trust - October 9th 2010, 10:24 PM

yes. most of them

(#6 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: No trust - October 13th 2010, 09:56 AM

Then she should understand why you drifted away. How could she not trust you after that?

Closed Thread