TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

What happened? - January 8th 2009, 04:28 PM

Basically it's been really weird lately between my friend and I.
We have this group of about..five people who we hang out with [we're all kind of the people everyone else ignores, I suppose] and I've never really been close friends with any of them, besides my 'best' friend, who I've known for about a year and a half now. But lately it seems like she's a lot better friends with all of them then she is with me..which it never used to be like. It's not like I'm jealous or anything, she can be good friends with whoever she wants, but I feel like I don't know her anymore. Sometimes she seems different, mostly around them. Which would be weird, cause she's always been herself around everyone. And she doesn't talk to me like at all anymore. I always showed her like my personal stuff..like songs or poems I wrote or whatever, and we were really good friends..told each other a lot of stuff. Now I guess she talks to them more about things like that [again, I don't care] but it's just..what did I do wrong? I must have done something, and try to convince myself that things like this just sometimes happen, but It's like I don't have a friend like I used to have anymore..and it's confusing. I know I should, but I'm not going to confront her about it, we've been through this kind of thing a lot.

I wanna walk away from her and scream in her face sometimes, but I know it's not her fault. I just don't know what I did to ruin our friendship..

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jamie Offline
A Tout Le Monde
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jamie

Re: What happened? - January 8th 2009, 04:51 PM

Don't blame yourself for this- by no means is the friendship over, but it's just what happens really- friendships do grow weaker and people grow apart- my best friend at your age I'd known since 4 and is was about this time we just split into different groups, but we're still good friends, so don't worry on that front- but don't confront her, it's the worst thing you can do. But don't blame yourself- and just becuase the friendships faded a bit doesn't mean you can't be strong friends again- try and find out what new things she's into or the other people are into and try talking to them about that and getting involed a bit more with what they like (provided you want to) and see if that improves the situation.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Confused1isin Offline
Straight Edge LIFE!!!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kelly or Khaos

Re: What happened? - January 8th 2009, 05:22 PM

Like Jamie said, dont blame yourself. You didnt do anything wrong, chances are that you've reached that oh so annoying age where everyone starts to find themselves. Also confronting her is not the best idea, maybe try just hanging out with her one on one, and see if things get better when everyone else is gone. It might give you a chance to really talk and find out whats new with her and your friends, and see if your into it. And remember, dont blame yourself, blame being a teenager.

good luck.

"It took a funeral to make me feel alive"
"
Forget regret or life is yours to miss, no other road, no other way. No DAY BUT TODAY!!!!"
  Send a message via AIM to Confused1isin Send a message via MSN to Confused1isin  
Closed Thread