TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Unhappy I want it to just be us... - October 8th 2010, 10:45 PM

My oldest brother and I get along pretty well. If you look at how well my other siblings' and I get along, you'd think that Eric and I were best friends. A friend of his is staying at our house, and tonight is his last night. He's been here for a month and I've hardly gotten to see my brother for that time. I'm really upset right now because Eric and I were going to go to a haunted house tomorrow night, which is a big deal to me because I've never gone to one that I've enjoyed before, and I know that I'm going to enjoy it now. He asked me at dinner which haunted house I wanted to go to, and I told him that we should look some up online. He then asked his friend if he wanted to come with us. Eric(my brother's friend, same name, very confusing), said sure. I don't want him to come! Call me selfish but Eric(my brother) promised me that it would just be us two! My brother promised me that the first haunted house that I would go to would be just him and me. I almost cried at the dinner table, I miss my brother and I want him back! He saw the look on my face and muttered "Sorry". I know that it's mean, but I don't want his friend to come along with us. His friend is mean to me, and he'll make fun of me when I scream. He'll have my brother's attention all night, like he has for an entire month. I don't want to just tell Eric that I don't want Eric(wow, that sounds odd) to come with us, but I really don't want his friend to come. He promised me at the beginning of summer that in October we'd go to a haunted house together, and my first time going it'd be just us.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fineshrine Offline
Rebecca
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: I want it to just be us... - October 9th 2010, 01:03 AM

I understand how you feel - my brother is also staying with my family for a temporary amount of time. You may want to tell him straight up about this situation with his friend, and ask if it could be just the two of you. Say that you were hoping it would just be the two of you. Hope I helped

Send a message via AIM to Fineshrine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I want it to just be us... - October 9th 2010, 11:04 PM

I would pull your brother aside and remind him that it was supposed to be just the two of you. Try to avoid sounding whiny while telling him how you feel, though... just show him how much it would mean if you and him had that time to yourselves. Volunteer to tell his friend the "bad news", so your brother doesn't have to go through the potentially awkward situation of "uninviting" his friend, or maybe your brother can just tell his friend that he forgot about his promise to you. Good luck!

Closed Thread