TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
s_tor_m Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Tor

Dad possibly cheating - November 2nd 2010, 04:33 AM

hey guys I haven't been here on TH in a long long time...but things have come up that I need you peoples' awesome advice on! thanks in advance for taking the time to read all this

so basically, me and my siblings have suspicions of my Dad having an affair. I'm not going to list everything, because that would take a while. but here's the gist of it. Everytime my mom goes out of town, "Laura" will come over to my house. She and my dad have made breakfast together, gone out wine tasting, go into my parents room alone, and even gone in the hot tub together. then when I ask what he did while my mom was gone, he makes up something like doing chores or yardwork, when my brother told me he spent all his time with
"laura". He also gets calls/texts from her quite often, and always leaves the room to talk to her when normally he would just have the conversation in front of whoever is in the room. Those are just a few examples of things we've noticed that are a bit odd for two people who are married (not to each other) to do.

Then, a few nights ago my dad left his facebook open. i know I shouldnt have, but curiousity got the better of me and I read a message that was from a woman saying something about my dad being married and him going down to san deigo to visit her.

I could go on about things like this but basically I've been getting more and more suspicious to the point where I'm starting to believe he could be having an affair. or multiple affairs. It's probably not my place to say anything, and I should just stay out of my parents relationship. but I cant just sit around and let it happen if my suspicions are accurate. i just dont know what to do about it, or how to find out it any of it is true.

advice would be appriciated! anything at all

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional."

There is a world of difference
between refusal and failure.

Send a message via MSN to s_tor_m  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Release9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Dad possibly cheating - November 2nd 2010, 05:03 AM

Hmmmmmm....
I don't know. That's how my parents behave all the time (the secretive part and lying). But seeing that you know this is not normal, I would keep this to myself until I know for sure.

This is probably a bad idea...but maybe you could eavesdrop on them once in a while.
If its true, try expressing what you learned in a letter.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
s_tor_m Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Tor

Re: Dad possibly cheating - November 2nd 2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Release9 View Post
Hmmmmmm....
I don't know. That's how my parents behave all the time (the secretive part and lying). But seeing that you know this is not normal, I would keep this to myself until I know for sure.

This is probably a bad idea...but maybe you could eavesdrop on them once in a while.
If its true, try expressing what you learned in a letter.
I thought about that...but I don't know how'd i'd go about doing that and i'd feel horrible about it. ya know?

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional."

There is a world of difference
between refusal and failure.

Send a message via MSN to s_tor_m  
Closed Thread