TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

fu**** up.. - November 5th 2010, 04:42 PM

this is my first post here,i hope i can get some help..

i rather not say my name,not sure why i just dont want to

well i was born in a lil country in south america close to argentina where i lived until i was 10,at the age of 10 i moved to usa,miami FL to be more specific.

i lived in miami until i was 15,and moved back to my country(i moved back 4 months ago)im still 15 so..

well my problem,or i guess where i "fucked up" is that i was the one to ask my parents to go back to my country,i told them i missed my family back home alot and that i didnt care there was no coming back to usa,i just wanted to go back..

well now im back home,and everything i can think of is going back to usa,i miss every little detail,i just miss everything..and well i cant tell my parents because it would be as if i was playing with them,or as if i was taking this as a joke and didnt realize that what they did for me was just for me,and because i wanted to,they work so hard just for me,and for me to tell them 4 months later that i want to go back to usa would be like i said like if i was taking this as a joke and not see how hard they work and how hard they try...
i dont know what to do..my country just brings me down even more,almost everybody is poor here,community sucks..it just brings me down and makes me want to go back to usa even more

but well all i want to do is go back to usa..

i just need some help i guess im sorry if this doesnt belong here

(#2 (permalink)) Old
nevergiveuphope Offline
just trying to find a purpose.
Not a n00b

Name: Jessie Marie Stone

Re: fu**** up.. - November 8th 2010, 08:52 PM

i know what it feels like to want to keep running, maybe the best thing to do is stay where your at and wait till your older to make those decisions because your only fifteen, even though your community has little, maybe making the best of it while you have it helps, maybe wait five more years and move back? talking with your parents will help, tell them that you miss usa, tell them, it was better for you there, anyways i hoped i helped a little.
  Send a message via MSN to nevergiveuphope  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Finches Offline
I'm All Ears
Average Joe

Re: fu**** up.. - November 9th 2010, 01:09 AM

Hi,

Everybody makes mistakes. It sounds like you made a mistake by thinking that you would be happier in your home country. It takes a lot of experience and maturity to be able to predict how we will feel in the future. Given that you are fifteen years old, do not be surprised that you have committed a mistake. Accept it for what it is. At your age, it is okay to be making mistakes like this. The only thing you can do right now is approach your parents with honesty and say what you feel. It is likely that they will forgive you because you are so young. Give it a shot.

Next time in the future, you have to give it some heavy thought when it comes to decisions like this. I know it is easier said than done. I recently made a mistake similar to this. We're only human. I'm young too. So don't feel bad.

I hope that helped,
D C

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: fu**** up.. - November 9th 2010, 07:30 PM

thanks for the replies guys

i understand what you guys are saying,although i dont think its good for me to stay here..

i know it might sound like i want to go back for material stuff,although to be honest IT IS easier to get material stuff in the usa than here,i also realize i have no chances in life here,i see my "bigger cousins" working their ass off studying and working at the same time,3 of them already greaduated,they are around 30 and all of them are stuck,they had to get a shitty job because they wouldnt find jobs with their career although they are good at it and actually care about a future,while in the us it is easier.

even if i work my ass off here studying i know i have no chance at anything

im not sure if im gonna tell them yet,although i dont want to wait to much

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: fu**** up.. - November 10th 2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedudeoverthere View Post
thanks for the replies guys

i understand what you guys are saying,although i dont think its good for me to stay here..

i know it might sound like i want to go back for material stuff,although to be honest IT IS easier to get material stuff in the usa than here,i also realize i have no chances in life here,i see my "bigger cousins" working their ass off studying and working at the same time,3 of them already greaduated,they are around 30 and all of them are stuck,they had to get a shitty job because they wouldnt find jobs with their career although they are good at it and actually care about a future,while in the us it is easier.

even if i work my ass off here studying i know i have no chance at anything

im not sure if im gonna tell them yet,although i dont want to wait to much
You should talk to your parents and see what they suggest to you. But if they don't suggest anything then think about it. You are young and you don't know if you will miss home again if you come back to America. So take some time and think about it. Listen to your heart and make absolutely sure that you aren't coming back for material possession. Think about it and reason it out, take some time and think about it.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: fu**** up.. - November 10th 2010, 04:36 AM

as ive said,although the material stuff IS way better,i have great role models here,and as hard as they work their asses off they cant even pay their rent...just imagine yourself working ur ass off,working and studying and the same time just to see poverty everywhere,even experience it

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: fu**** up.. - November 19th 2010, 10:20 PM

this shit keeps getting worse,got my shit stolen 4 times in 2 months now (lost around 1200 dollars),im working my ass off in school and helping at home..this shit sucks,you cant go anywhere with nice clothes or a good phone around here cuz ull get it stolen from you,cant fucking wait i cant fucking take this shit anymore i feel like just fucking dying

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Finches Offline
I'm All Ears
Average Joe

Re: fu**** up.. - November 19th 2010, 10:24 PM

Hey,

This seems like a big enough issue to you that you should mention it to your parents! Nobody likes to have their things stolen. It sounds unsafe. For the sake of their children, I'm sure your parents will want to move if you express the concern.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: fu**** up.. - November 20th 2010, 03:10 AM

I would definitely talk to your parents about this. If things are that bad there, then I would really tell them. You cannot know for certain on how they will react, but you have good reasons to come back to America. Getting your things stolen and not having opportunities doesn't sound very good to me either, but sometimes we have to work with what we have. If your parents decide to stay there, you can always move out here in a few years. Best of luck!

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Colt Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: fu**** up.. - November 20th 2010, 10:41 PM

If you don't talk to your parents, you might never know what they are thinking.

How do you know they are not dying to get out of the hell hole you are in now, but they are only staying because they think you want to be there?

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: fu**** up.. - November 21st 2010, 09:58 PM

@colt well because i listen to the way they talk about us coming here,they're really happy and i even heard my mom say to one of out relatives "if it wasnt for him we would still be in miami,im really glad he decided to come home"

Closed Thread