TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ocean*girl2 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Eve

My. Dad. Is. Driving. Me. Crazy. - November 7th 2010, 01:27 PM

After 14 years, I'm kind of on my last nerve.

He has this complex where he feels bad about himself so he constantly has to toot his own horn. Constantly.

And he feels like I have to do EVERYTHING he says. Even advice.

And he gets mad at the drop of a hat. There were some dear family friends we had who he decided slighted him (He says their 14 year old son was "spewing hate" at him, but we all know he felt bad about certain stuff the dad did, who was NOT trying to hurt him, he was just being himself)

And he drinks.

And he thinks I'm still a child he has to protect.
And eh keeps refering to the family as "us". "They hate us." Erm, maybe they don't hate me? Maybe I don't wanted to be included in US anymore????????

And I'm about to rip my hair out. He has a problem with everything. Everything. I'm starting to realize he has a really annoying personality. And talking to him wouldn't help, in fact it will make things worse. How do I cope??

Hello, world

"And if you take my hand, my son, all will be well when the day is done."

Last edited by Ocean*girl2; November 7th 2010 at 01:41 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: My. Dad. Is. Driving. Me. Crazy. - November 10th 2010, 01:34 AM

Ok, if I am reading correctly, you are 14 years old. You must realise that you are young and you are the responsibility of your dad. And any good father would be extremely hurt by his child getting hurt especially if he could have done something about it. So realise that you are still young and you still need protection from your dad.

And also, he has been on this earth longer than you, and knows more things than you, so he knows better advice than you. You are still young and still need guidance, so accept it, he is being a father.

Look at your slogan at the bottom of your post. It says exactly what you need to do.

If there is anything that you feel is wrong then ask and we will correct you and advise you, if you feel something is not right then ask us and be specific so that we can help you out also directly and help you out as much as we can. I say this because maybe something else is going on that perhaps i don't know.

But listen to your dad and be a good kid.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
inactiveprofile Offline
Average Joe

Name: .

Re: My. Dad. Is. Driving. Me. Crazy. - November 10th 2010, 02:46 PM

Heyy there Eve
You know if I didn't know any better I'd had thought you where talking about my dad... Most of our family hatee him too. I have to say that there is only one way around people like him and thats "yeah dad" "okay dad". If you ever need need any help feel the need to talk to some one I'm only a PM away ... Hope I've been a help.
  Send a message via MSN to inactiveprofile  
Closed Thread