TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Friend problems. - November 11th 2010, 03:18 AM

So, i'm pretty new at this type of thing....so i'm gonna take a stab at it. Um...how to start this out. Since highschool started I've had an interesting time finding friends and whatnot. But this one person that I was friends with or was a "so called" friend as you might say it hasn't exactly been on talking terms with me. I guess I kind of came off a little bit too strong and as they put it "obsessively talked to them and scared them" I've tried to fix this a million times and get along with them but I came to the last result and just left them alone. Even though i've done that they still ignore me...but in school I could say something to them and they'd answer....and mostly they just ignore me on the computer which really does not make sense!!!

What should I do? Should I continue to ignore this person and move on? Any ideas?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: Friend problems. - November 11th 2010, 03:50 AM

a friendship is 2way. your putting in your effort, and theyre not. Personally, i dont think its worth it. If they ever reach out and want to be friends again, then its your decision if you think its worth it. But i think its better to have friends that actually want to be friends with you, and not totally ignore you.

just my opinion.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Friend problems. - November 11th 2010, 12:11 PM

Hey there,

I've moved this over to Friends and Family, I think you'll get some better responses here. (:

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Finches Offline
I'm All Ears
Average Joe

Re: Friend problems. - November 13th 2010, 04:48 PM

Hi there,

It seems like he or she doesn't appreciate you for who you are. Sure, you may be obsessive, but we can assume it's for good intentions. Maybe you like talking a lot and like to be around people. I think that's okay. Ashley is right, a friendship goes two ways. Right now, I think it's best for you to let go (but don't burn bridges) and try to meet new people who like you for who you are.

Closed Thread