TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hidden Offline
~Hidden &+ Lost~
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hidden

Question Backstabbingg Sisterr ?? - February 22nd 2009, 04:07 PM

Ohkayy ,
I'm new to thiis . So I really didnt know where to put thiis at .
But Theress thiis boyy I like ,
&+ He claims that if I was older then he'd go out w/me .
Butt recently he's been textingg my sisterr alot .
idontknoww what they talk aboutt .
I juss know that they textt alott .
&+ I really dont like that .
Cause itss really not the 1st time thatt he's like likedd someone else .
That wass close to mee .
&+ Juss recently my sisterr asked me"Hvae yhu everr liked someone that likedd yhu,Butt then someone who was real close to yhu came upp,and that somebody liked that person too,and the person ended up likingg that person who is really close to yhu more"or somethingg like thatt .
Butt sometimess i juss wanna kill myselff .
Cause itss justt not fair .
How bothh of my sisterss get what they want .
&+ I dontt .
I sometimess think people juss use me to gett closerr to my sisterr .
I really dont know what i'm gonna do .
Lett it goo ??
Or have people feel the pain that i felt[Kill Myself)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Backstabbingg Sisterr ?? - February 22nd 2009, 04:14 PM

Hey, well first off welcome to TeenHelp. As for your post...
Alright sorry if this comes out harsh, I don't mean to be to harsh...
But killing yourself over some guy liking your sister is extremely stupid, and if you don't mind me saying, it's a pretty selfish thing. Your sister cares about you. I assume that if she didn't she wouldn't have come to you and confided to you about being close to someone who likes someone that you like. And if you were to seriously kill yourself, it sounds like you would be doing it for revenge, or something, or to make your family feel sorry for you, and that's not fair at all. I am sorry that you feel this way, but I think you need to just let this go. If the guy doesn't want to go out with you, so what? He's probably an ass hole anyways, and not worth ending your life. Talk to your sister and tell her how you feel, but don't seriously act upon killing yourself, that would really hurt the people around you and it's not worth it at all.

Oh, and for future reference, posts like these should probably be put in the family & friends section.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: Backstabbingg Sisterr ?? - February 22nd 2009, 04:24 PM

Hey

Ok, this boy. If he has said he doesnt want a relationship right now, i think all you could do is accept it, we cant force another person into being with us. Even if he is texting your sister a lot, it doesnt necessarily mean that there is something going on there, they could just be good friends.

You said its not the first time he has done this with somebody close to you, so i am thinking he doesnt sound like the best person to be with. If he is messing you around then it is probably better to just try and move on from him.

Maybe you could ask your sister if there is something going on between them? That way you could tell her how your feeling about it, and she can tell you about how she feels. You sound like you are quite close after all if she came and confided in you.

I know it must feel really horrible to feel used, or that your sisters get everything they want and you dont. Please do not kill yourself though, this boy is not worth that i can assure you. It is also not fair on people around you, if you are doing it just to cause them pain. It can ruin other peoples lives. Please dont think i am dismissing how you feel right now because i am not. I just do not think it is right, there are so many things for you to enjoy and so many other lovely boys out there for you. One of them will be right for you, and treat you so much better than this one has!

If you need anything PM me
I hope this helps
Jen
x

PM // VM

(#4 (permalink)) Old
drowningangel Offline
.Surrender.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kathy

Re: Backstabbingg Sisterr ?? - February 23rd 2009, 03:44 AM

I moved this to Friends and Family for you,dear. I can see how it can be confusing between the depression and suicidal thoughts you've having and experiencing, and the issue with this guy and your sister. (If you have a question about it in the future, feel free to PM the thread to a moderator, or even me if you wish, and we can try to help you out.)

I'm very sorry that this is happening to you. I don't know how it feels to be picked second to a family member, but I've definitely had it happen with very close friends, and it's a very hard thing to take. From your post, you said, "This isn't the first he's liked someone else close to me." I assume you mean "he" is this same guy?

I know that love and emotions are almost impossible to control, but if that's true, and this isn't the first time this particular guy has done this to you? You need to try to move on with your life, dear. I'm not saying you'll lose your feelings for him, that the hurt will completely go away, or it will happen overnight.

I am saying that someone who cared about you wouldn't do this to you once, much less twice. And you have so much love to give. Don't lose time or heart with this guy any longer. Even if he did decide to try a relationship with you, would you be able to trust him at family reunions? On trips he's off on? Dances?

Probably not, right?

Your life is definitely not worth this guy, as badly as this might hurt. I can guarentee that all who love you, those who care, including many on this website, your family, your true friends would be devastated if anything happened to you. I have been in positions I thought that the hurt would never go away, that I could never fall in love again or move on. More than once. Take the chace that you will move on, give your heart, love and trust to someone who deserves it, and you'll have an amazing life.

I don't believe your sisters are to blame for this. I'd lean more towards this guy, really. Your sister is obviously concerned on how this is or does affect you.

Married since 28 June 2009 to my DevilDog

-----

"Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
- Emily Bronte

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Omar the Lobster!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Bernadette

Re: Backstabbingg Sisterr ?? - February 23rd 2009, 09:12 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't kill myself over a boy. I know it seems pretty crazy severe, the feelings that you feel. But if you feel depressed, or even suicidal, you should not be focusing on boys right now -- you should be focusing on you.

Hey guys, like jewelry that can withstand the blow of a sword? Jewelry that can put up a fight? Check out ChainCreations!

When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.

Send a message via AIM to Oiseau the Little Bird!  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Backstabbingg Sisterr ?? - February 23rd 2009, 10:08 PM

Well there's nothing you can do really. I'm assuming your sister is older than you, so it's natural that the guy will be attracted to her over yourself due to your age.

I'm sure it's hard to see your sister and the guy you like talking. Don't let your mind rest on this, it will only hurt yourself. Forget about them and find another guy there's plenty of cool guys out there.

Closed Thread