TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fineshrine Offline
Rebecca
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Question Hes only like the when a ceartin friend is around! - November 20th 2010, 07:44 AM

The boy I like, Mark, is extremely funny. Hes really kind (when he wants to be ) and knows just what to say. But only when its just me and him, or me, him, and Evan.

But he's a jerk when Rodney's around. I usually just avoid him when ever he's with Rodney, but thats getting hard because he is with him a lot more then he used to be. I've tried talking to him about it, but he doesn't think he's acting weird.

What can I do? Why do people act a different way with different people?

Send a message via AIM to Fineshrine  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Hes only like the when a ceartin friend is around! - November 20th 2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverLeaveMe View Post
But he's a jerk when Rodney's around.
Quote:
I've tried talking to him about it, but he doesn't think he's acting weird.
What do you mean that he acts weird when Rodney is around? What kind of weird?

Quote:
What can I do? Why do people act a different way with different people?
People will act a different way when they are around other people as they want to be accepted by those people. Are Mark and Rodney friends? He probably feels that if he doesn't act like Rodney, then their friendship won't happen. However, don't think hes choosing his friend over you.

I would sit him down and try talking to him again. This time straight out tell him how he is acting and ask him why he acts that way around Rodney. Give him examples as to how he is different as proof. If he still disagrees, then plain out tell him that you don't want to be around him when Rodney is around. If he cares about you, he should get the message. Best of luck!

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Hes only like the when a ceartin friend is around! - November 21st 2010, 05:23 AM

I don't understand the male animal AT ALL ...but if I put it around the other way, and make it that a girl is really nice to her boyfriend but then in front of her (girl) friends she acts all weird, kinda like showing off...or trying to be like "oh yeah i'm so cool I have a boyfriend"
Or it could be that he doesn't want Rodney to think that he is ditching him. You know for girls its kinda like sisters before misters, so like girl friends (not like lesbian relationship) are more important than the boyfriend. So put it in your situation, Mark doesn't want to put you in front of Rodney (no offence) and maybe Rodney isn't quite as fond of you, Mark wants to just take Rodney's side.

I dunno I am actually pretty useless at relationship stuff so I may be wayy off, but thats possibly how I see it

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Hes only like the when a ceartin friend is around! - November 21st 2010, 10:12 AM

Other animals do this too, males compete for a female they're interested in although it's not always a conscious process, meaning he may not be consciously thinking he's showing Rodney up to impress you. I don't see any other possibility because if they dislike one another, they wouldn't socialize more. Rodney may be acting up with Mark either because he's also interested in you or because he's annoyed by Mark's behaviour, or both.

Alternatively, Mark and Rodney may be re-strengthening their relationship but in the process, Mark wants to remain with you so he is at a conflict. Since he's stronger with you, he acts up with Rodney. This depends though on what you mean by "acting weird".

Also, remember that most guys don't want to reveal what's happening with them in the same way as if they were with a male friend. To many, they feel exposed, threatened, insecure and weak. He may also feel embarassed that he's consciously (if he is) acting up with Rodney because he thinks Rodney likes you, which makes him feel overly-exposed. Once again, most guys, not all guys and depends on what you mean by "acting weird".

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Hes only like the when a ceartin friend is around! - November 25th 2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
Other animals do this too.
Wait, you do know that by me saying that, I meant I dont understand BOYS, as in humans. The 'male animal' is just a term for boys lol, maybe you've never heard of the saying, hehe i have heard it a lot! I did not mean animals as in dog/cat!

Closed Thread