TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xtryn2escapeva Offline
Independent
Welcome me, I'm new!

February 23rd 2009, 12:43 AM

so theres alot of stuff going on at my school about me like, how i am going to say it might not sound so bad but in reality it is. ive always been the nice girl, had friends in evry clique, got along with others. good grades, nice to teachers etc. ever since this summer when i made some bad mistakes no 1 can let it go, including my parents.

at least twice (or more) a day i get called a slut, whore, b****, etc...and i know u can ignore it but in my case thers alot more
i gotten threats to get beat up and be hurt

ive told me parents and they said they could take care of it (i hate when my rents get involved) or i could go down and live with my uncle and aunt in the southern part of my state for the rest of this school year

I really would like to have a fresh start but i dont wanna feel like im running away from my problems, but honestly ive done everything. taken every advice there is no simple way outta it. almost every day im crying.
So what do you think i should do? I mean, most of my friends have left me, but i would miss a few. And a nice start would be good, but im scared if i go back to my old ways, and my parents said if i made bad choices again i would have to be put into a all girls school.

if ur not confused by this please help me make a decision. i know u dont know the whole story but i would plz like some advice or help thank you.

oh and idk why it says choce on the top that was a accident

Last edited by Strider; February 23rd 2009 at 10:16 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Choices Choce - February 23rd 2009, 02:41 AM

I wouldn't move away. Your strong by saying you don't want to run away from your problems.

Try this. Whenever someone insults you don't respond to them and act like it doesn't hurt you emotionally. If you can't avoid ignoring them ask them "Why do you judge me?" "Why do you insult me?" or something like that. If the person responds "Well you did this and this." say "I'm sorry, I know what wrong and something I will never do again can you forgive me?"

This way there is no room for argument and the other person is forced to stop the insults.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Choices Choce - February 23rd 2009, 10:21 PM

Hey there,

First of all, I think you are doing an amazing job at staying strong, so thumbs up to you! Everyone makes mistakes and the best thing to do is learn from them and move on with your life. It sounds like you're just trying to move on. Just because those people that call you names are stuck in the past doesn't mean you need to be.

If you want to stay, do your best to ignore them and notify the office and guidance department that people are threatening to harm you. They need to be aware of this. It's not right for them to be treating you that way, so make sure you let someone know.

If you feel you should move, which I would suggest if you feel you can't put up with the comments and threats any longer or the threats become violent, then I think you should do it. Sometimes a new start can be good. You've faced a lot already with those comments, but that doesn't mean you have to put up with it forever.

It really comes down to what you feel like. I think you've been amazingly strong about this and I'm sure you can find out what is right for you.

All the best.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread