TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

Unhappy She doesn't need me anymore. - December 3rd 2010, 08:11 PM

I've seen my best friend three times in the last 5 weeks. 3 times.
She didn't sleep round.
1st time, i went up there with her sister and she didn't even want to see me.
2nd time her sister had to force her to come and see me
3rd time she came round to gloat about her new life and show my her bad hair dye.
Not once did she ask me how i was feeling.
And i'm fucking crushed.
I haven't full out sobbed since my grandad died last february, but she made me SOB.
I was talking to Andey (councillour) and i just exploded.
I miss her so much.
She normally sleeps round most weekends and we were like two peas in a pod. Practically joined at the hip, and i love her more than anything in the world.
What did i do wrong?
I just want her back.

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

Send a message via MSN to LastRedAppleStanding  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: She doesn't need me anymore. - December 3rd 2010, 08:20 PM

Hey Erin.

I'm really sorry you're going through this right now, and I completely understand how tough it is to drift apart from someone that you feel this close to.

However, I am afraid to say that this is just one of the harsh realities of life. You're both at that age where you're beginning to discover who you really are, you're developing and going through a lot of mental changes. I know it can tear you apart when friends change and drift away, we have all been there. But, it's just one of those things that happens. People come, and they go. They change, and outgrow each other.

Ultimately, if she isn't showing you any respect or any sign of friendship then why should you be left alone and in tears? You shouldn't! (: It's a perfect opportunity to jump up and find some new friends. Nice fresh leaf, with brand new people. Try and join some local clubs or societies. I know it can be really hard to meet new people, but you feel so great for doing it.

And there's the obvious, speak to your friend about how you're feeling. She might now realise she's rejecting you. If she is going through so many changes, she may just find herself over excited and get carried away. None of us are perfect and we can sometimes forget ourselves and be selfish from time to time. So, yeah. Definitely try talking to her about the situation before you throw the towel in.

But just remember, if you do drift apart... It's just the end of one chapter and there are many, many more for you to jump into!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: She doesn't need me anymore. - December 3rd 2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
Hey Erin.

I'm really sorry you're going through this right now, and I completely understand how tough it is to drift apart from someone that you feel this close to.

However, I am afraid to say that this is just one of the harsh realities of life. You're both at that age where you're beginning to discover who you really are, you're developing and going through a lot of mental changes. I know it can tear you apart when friends change and drift away, we have all been there. But, it's just one of those things that happens. People come, and they go. They change, and outgrow each other.

Ultimately, if she isn't showing you any respect or any sign of friendship then why should you be left alone and in tears? You shouldn't! (: It's a perfect opportunity to jump up and find some new friends. Nice fresh leaf, with brand new people. Try and join some local clubs or societies. I know it can be really hard to meet new people, but you feel so great for doing it.

And there's the obvious, speak to your friend about how you're feeling. She might now realise she's rejecting you. If she is going through so many changes, she may just find herself over excited and get carried away. None of us are perfect and we can sometimes forget ourselves and be selfish from time to time. So, yeah. Definitely try talking to her about the situation before you throw the towel in.

But just remember, if you do drift apart... It's just the end of one chapter and there are many, many more for you to jump into!
Well said. Sorry Erin, but it seems this is exactly what is going on.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread