TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Confusedgrl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I realy might break... - December 14th 2010, 01:14 AM

I cant take it anymore.

How it all started: A little over 2 years ago, my dad went to court to get more time with me because he only saw me every other weekend, he signed the papers the day before m birthday and i got them in the mail i think it was either the day after or two days after... it took six months of dreading it and not mentioning one word about it to my dad or step mom, but when the court date came and our eyes met, i knew all hell was going to break loose. They gave me a guardian atlightum(i think thats how you spell it) Hes kind of like a childs personal attorney..? Well i told him everything and i told him i want to stay with my mom. We had another court date maybe two months later and i now have to live with my dad from 6 oclock sunday night till 6 oclock wednsday night, every week. My mom and dad live in two different cities which means two different school zones...so since he has me 3 out of 5 school days, i have to go to school where he lives. A new school my first year of high school...? I already want to tear out my insides!!! Hes knows i hate it there (even though its not as bad as i thought it would be) he just doesnt care. I now have an amazing boyfriend that goes to the school i was suppose to go to along with my BEST friend that gets me through everything. My dad use to be the coolest thing ever when we saw eachother every other weekend, now i dread coming over here all the time. He will take away my phone if i dont hang up my key, or if i forget to pick up my jacket. Let me tell you my phone is my life since i dont go to school with all of my friends, my phone is the only way to communicate with them. (also i did join cheerleading for this new school to force myself to have school spirit and to make friends, so yes i am trying) I also have amazing grades (six A's and a B last semster) yet im still treated like crap and i am always getting in trouble. My mom said if i joined cheerleading she would pay for her half, she hasnt payed a dime and my dad is pissed. I am only 15 years old and my dad and step mom always like to "talk" to me about money which always ends up in a fight. my relationship with my dad has really slipped and i hate it, i reallly just dont want to be here. Just recently he asked me to add him on facebook and become his neighbor on a game called farmville because it would gain him some type of exp. in it so i did. I told my mom i added him and my step mom and i felt uncomfortable with them looking at everything cause yes my friends cuss on there, (i dont) but my dad has been a cop for 20 years and is very strict and i told my mom and she said you could block certain people from certain things and she showed me how and i blocked them from my wall. They found out and my step mom refuses to even talk to me and they took my phone and they will not give it back. She said they took it away for good and they ont even pay for it! My mom does! Ugh they is so much more, but this seems to be getting long but if your interested in more just write me back, i really need all the support and advice i can get before i burst.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: I realy might break... - December 21st 2010, 06:37 PM

Hey there, finally i'm here to talk. I must admit, i don't know what to tell you in this situation because it concerns more people than you alone. I can see why you are ready to burst, i can see it and i know the feeling of "getting ready to burst".

I say this, I came from a far away land, and when I came I still did not leave behind the things i had physically left behind. But now I realize that I am in a new place and new possibilities and new memories and new experiences are here and ready, perhaps waiting for me to make something out of them. Now i'm not saying that you should forget completely where you have come from(your mom's place) but the point is that you are in a new place, there may be new memories to make here and you don't what may come out of it. You may go back to your mom in the future, but for now you are here.

Its good that you are trying to do something, but you are also doing something else, you are focusing more on the bad than trying to focus more on making the most of where you are and what you have. You never know, you may meet your husband here, there can be many possibilities here, but you can never know if you focus on the bad and not realize that its a chance to experience a new place.

I don't know what kind of place you are in(physically), so i don't know if its a good place or bad, you know, but if you are in a bad place then surely this advice will change. But I am assuming you are not in a bad place because you said the school was not as bad as you thought, therefore there must be something good there, but it seems you don't want to let go of the past or what you had.

So my point is, make the most of what you have. Don't focus on what you have lost or don't have at th moment, but life is so valuable you have to make the most of what you have.

Hey, you might just meet your husband or a very serious boyfriend from that place. You never know what can happen.

And spend time with your dad. He's a cop, so you never know what can happen to him. One day he might never come back, and regrets and pain may haunt you for a long time. So spend time with your dad. You say you were close, so get close again. Have fun together. Go out for a dinner night with him(maybe to mcdonalds or a place you prefer) or do whatever you prefer.

So wakeup and cherish life. Cause its more valuable then you think. Make the most of what you have. Keep on trying to make friends, and just make the most of your surroundings. Don't use life focusing on things that may keep you sad, you need to live and enjoy.

NB #1 : When I say enjoy, I don't mean you should do bad things, ok ?? Live well and responsibly.
NB #2 : Sorry for taking so long in bringing this response. I'm really hungry right now, i'm about to go eat but I had to come and finally just help you out, I was feeling sad that I had not yet responded to you.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Last edited by Jacksonian; December 21st 2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Addition.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Confusedgrl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I realy might break... - December 28th 2010, 12:42 AM

Thank you very much, that did help me out a bit. I have realized that im focusing on the bad more then the good. I have a new years resolution, make the best out of what i have, for i may not have it much longer. Everything happens for a reason, i just have to wake up and find out what that reason may be. It may not be the most obvious thing to find, but hey thats an adventure of life. Find the things hiding behind difficulties. Thank you again for the help and support and for just listening. Now go fill your tummy and know that you helped me very much, and im very thankful for it!

Closed Thread