TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

My 'ex-friend'... really hurt me. - February 25th 2009, 12:02 AM

Basically I use to have this friend... and I always thought that she was a good friend and all, by the way she acted. And I thought she was nice and funny and she listened when I need a hand and she was pretty much not good at giving advice but she was someone who would listen to me, and that was enough. But shortly into our friendship, well.. towards the middle, I realized that everything was kind of turning into all about her. Then whenever I tried to tell her I was having a hard time she'd tell me something really big. Once she told me that she got raped, by her brother. That had me crying for days... wish I knew it had been a lie then. But I didn't. Then she told me that her dad kicked her around and mentally abused her. Lie. Didn't know, though. Then one day I got in sort of a fight with her online on MSN and she was telling me that she was going to kill herself and that it was all my fault, and then just signs off and won't answer phone calls... or texts. It had me crying for forever. Turns out she didn't kill herself though. Then one day about a month ago I come to school and she just won't talk to me. She didn't for two whole weeks. So then I passed her a note that said something like, "I've kind of been having a hard time lately and I don't feel like we've been to great of friends at the moment." And then she just rolls her eyes and never says anything back. And now she basically does not talk to me at all. When we were good friends she said she couldn't come over to my house or go to the mall because her parents were overprotective and wouldn't let her. But. Ha. She goes everywhere with her new best friend now.

And basically, I really hate her lately. She's turned all of the people I trusted against me, and no one even glances at me during school anymore. Absolutely no one. And it's really hurting me.... I don't know what to do.... besides sit here and just cry. I wish I could get over it. Say 'she's not my friend anymore, so?' but everytime I see her chatting away with her new best friend, it just really hurts and snaps something inside of me. I don't know what to do... I've self harmed because of how she makes me feel, and beat myself up over and over again.. how do I just get over it?

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#2 (permalink)) Old
St.Vincent Offline
Edna
I've been here a while

Name: Edna

Re: My 'ex-friend'... really hurt me. - February 25th 2009, 12:06 AM

It just takes time and conscious effort. Losing best friends is really.. really hard and it's hard to move on no matter how much shit she put you through.

You need to get some new friends and try to carry on with your life. Are there teachers you can turn to? Maybe also try to change schools.. I dunno how easy that would be.

I am waylaid by Beauty. Who will walk
Between me and the crying of the frogs?

(My PM box is always open.. if I can't help you, I'll find someone who can)

Closed Thread