TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
inactiveprofile Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
inactiveprofile's Avatar
 
Name: .
Age: 25
Gender: Female

Posts: 117
Join Date: June 26th 2010

Exclamation why am I allways expect so much of ? (contains strong language) - December 26th 2010, 02:11 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Im just soo pissed of now .... why am I allways expected so much of ? Im allways expect to take sides between my friends when they argue Im expected to get great grades in school with parents that wont let me study becuase they wont shutup long enhough for a half hour even when one of em is in another is in another country they find a way to argue over the phone my dad just had a heart attack and Im expected not to cry or even care becuase the people I lived with (my sister and mum) dont give a shit but I do ! I know he can be abusive but that dont mean I dont love him .... I'm expected to live up to Alison but I'm not Alison Im a whole diferent person and Im sick of being compared to her and Im sure everybody would have prefered it if I would have fallen in that ditch that day in fact simtimes I wish it was me .... and I just want to know .... why do I have to be Alison why cant I just be Ally ?
  Send a message via MSN to inactiveprofile  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
BrokenHeart315 Offline
Member
Not a n00b
**
 
BrokenHeart315's Avatar
 
Name: Belle
Gender: Female
Location: United States. The Cold State.

Posts: 80
Blog Entries: 6
Join Date: December 22nd 2009

Re: why am I allways expect so much of ? (contains strong language) - December 26th 2010, 11:49 PM

I'm sorry sweetie, but I'm afraid none of us can give you the answers you're looking for.



I don't understand why I hang around,
They see what's going down.

Cover up with makeup in the mirror,
Tell myself It's never gonna happen again.
I cry alone,
And then you swear you love me.

Do you feel like a man,
When you push me around?
Do you feel better now,
As I fall to the ground?
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
inactiveprofile Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
inactiveprofile's Avatar
 
Name: .
Age: 25
Gender: Female

Posts: 117
Join Date: June 26th 2010

Re: why am I allways expect so much of ? (contains strong language) - December 27th 2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHeart315 View Post
I'm sorry sweetie, but I'm afraid none of us can give you the answers you're looking for.
well thanx for trying
  Send a message via MSN to inactiveprofile  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ocean*girl2 Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Ocean*girl2's Avatar
 
Name: Eve
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: Playing hide and seek with the men in white coats

Posts: 112
Join Date: August 12th 2010

Re: why am I allways expect so much of ? (contains strong language) - December 27th 2010, 02:53 PM

I'm sorry. I was about to make a thread of the same type. SOmetimes people (especially parents) have trouble seeing past their own expectations of you to the real you. I don't know what advice to give you, just to say you're not alone and you can PM me any time.
*hugs* -Ocean


Hello, world

"And if you take my hand, my son, all will be well when the day is done."
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Nightmare Offline
Part time ninja.
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Nightmare's Avatar
 
Name: Dan
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 233
Blog Entries: 6
Join Date: September 25th 2010

Re: why am I allways expect so much of ? (contains strong language) - December 27th 2010, 06:30 PM

That's the general conclusion I've come to...people often expect too much of us. Sometimes they want to win a fight, sometimes they just think that because we're no longer 8 years old we can handle anything in life when really we're still growing and learning, arguably more so than ever. You have to push through, persevere, because this isn't really a tangible issue like physical abuse, but a weirder one that everyone encounters yet nobody can really solve without hurting somebody.
So, my solution for you is this: Don't try to be Alison. And, never, ever try to be or think of yourself as "just Ally". You are Ally. You are you. The one and only you. And that is a beautiful thing. So be yourself, around those you trust, be yourself, expressing yourself here or in other outlets, because at the end of the day, what more do you have? Without you, what would there be for you?


You can't ~Here to help! PM me!!~
take away
my strength
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Skatergirl Offline
Skater for life
Average Joe
***
 
Skatergirl's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Posts: 170
Join Date: December 24th 2010

Re: why am I allways expect so much of ? (contains strong language) - December 27th 2010, 11:10 PM

This is something a lot of people have to live through. We are pretty much forced to be someone else. Someone we don't want to be. This usually makes that person become aggressive and grows hate between you and the person who is forcing you to be someone else.
Please whatever you do. Just try to be whoever you want to be. As hard as it may be.
Is there any way you can secretly contact your dad if you want to talk to him?
That is so unfair how they ignore your feelings all together.
I know that it's hard to just stick up for yourself, and give them your opinion, since it's family.
I'm sorry I can't be of help to you here, as much as I want to be.


I try my best to help, but that doesn't always mean I will be helpful.

   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
dervishscyth Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
dervishscyth's Avatar
 
Name: Kevin
Age: 24
Gender: Pretend i dont exist
Location: none of your buisness

Posts: 4
Join Date: December 25th 2010

Re: why am I allways expect so much of ? (contains strong language) - December 28th 2010, 12:47 AM

Look your who you are and you ain't gotta live up to nobodies expectations. Just be yourself and try not to care of what people expect of you and just do what you can do aight? Im sorry if i'm not much help since i dont really understand your situation much.
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
inactiveprofile Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
inactiveprofile's Avatar
 
Name: .
Age: 25
Gender: Female

Posts: 117
Join Date: June 26th 2010

December 28th 2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
That's the general conclusion I've come to...people often expect too much of us. Sometimes they want to win a fight, sometimes they just think that because we're no longer 8 years old we can handle anything in life when really we're still growing and learning, arguably more so than ever. You have to push through, persevere, because this isn't really a tangible issue like physical abuse, but a weirder one that everyone encounters yet nobody can really solve without hurting somebody.
So, my solution for you is this: Don't try to be Alison. And, never, ever try to be or think of yourself as "just Ally". You are Ally. You are you. The one and only you. And that is a beautiful thing. So be yourself, around those you trust, be yourself, expressing yourself here or in other outlets, because at the end of the day, what more do you have? Without you, what would there be for you?
not that their expecting to much of me just that their expecting me to be someone Im not and will never live up to .... thats the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean*girl2 View Post
I'm sorry. I was about to make a thread of the same type. SOmetimes people (especially parents) have trouble seeing past their own expectations of you to the real you. I don't know what advice to give you, just to say you're not alone and you can PM me any time.
*hugs* -Ocean
thanx same to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatergirl View Post
This is something a lot of people have to live through. We are pretty much forced to be someone else. Someone we don't want to be. This usually makes that person become aggressive and grows hate between you and the person who is forcing you to be someone else.
Please whatever you do. Just try to be whoever you want to be. As hard as it may be.
Is there any way you can secretly contact your dad if you want to talk to him?
That is so unfair how they ignore your feelings all together.
I know that it's hard to just stick up for yourself, and give them your opinion, since it's family.
I'm sorry I can't be of help to you here, as much as I want to be.
you have been a help thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervishscyth View Post
Look your who you are and you ain't gotta live up to nobodies expectations. Just be yourself and try not to care of what people expect of you and just do what you can do aight? Im sorry if i'm not much help since i dont really understand your situation much.
thanx that helped

Last edited by PSY; January 3rd 2011 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
  Send a message via MSN to inactiveprofile  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
allways, expect, language, strong

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright 1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.