TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jackie_23 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jackie

All my parents do is fight - January 2nd 2011, 12:47 AM

I can't stand this anymore. I think they're going to get divorced (but the sad thing is that I'm actually at the point where I hope they do). They agrue over little everything and want me to take sides. When they aren't fighting everything is akward and it's like I'm walking on eggshells around them both all the time. I have to be a 'prefect' child or somehow they start a fight over it. I'm so tired of this shit! And I can't escape. I have nowhere to go; our house is so small I can hear them everywhere and I'm a private person so most of my friends don't know my home life is like this. What can I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: All my parents do is fight - January 2nd 2011, 01:16 AM

Put on your headphones and blare your music and write out what your feeling ! Then crunch it up in a ball and throw it at the wall , thennn go out for a walk and get away from the noise and just think of things that make you happy then when your parents are calm if there is any way , talk to them about how you are feeling , maybe that could work too?????

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Wulfygrl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brooke

Re: All my parents do is fight - January 14th 2011, 07:05 AM

I have a friend with similar problems. I've stayed the night at her house and heard it. She is also having issues coping and the only advice i can give her, which seems to be ok to give here too, is that It's not really your fault they're fighting. They just dislike eachother to the point where you're just another excuse to fight. If one you hear a fight begining, say you're going for a walk and stay our for a few hours. Go to a friends house or go get snacks at the nearest store. If you come back and they're still fighting, and you believe you have the streingth to protect yourself and the courage, Tell them that their fighting is hurting you and that they need to decide to divorce or to get along. Tell them yoru opinions in a......respectful...way and make sure that they know where you're coming from. If they interrupt and try to yell at you, just walk away and lock your bedroom door. I've also found, in my own house, that knocking on the wall and saying something along the lines of them being too loud and you cant do our work or you can hear everything they say usually makes them go quiet. Be careful in what you decide to do, though, if their fights actually escilate to near phyiscal violence, then you need to call the cops. Even if it's just them verbally saying they're going to hurt one another. Call the cops from your cell and hold it at the doo so that they can hear the arguement. They'll come to help you, just tell the cops that you dont want your parents to know that you called and they'll say it's a next door neighbor or a passer by that called.

Above all, remember that you do have people who support you and that you can talk to them at any time. If you need someone to rant or cry too, I'm on my IM from 10 in the morning to midnight where i live.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Wulfygrl  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: All my parents do is fight - January 15th 2011, 02:15 AM

Have all 3 of you tried to talk this out. Listening to each other, having a heart to heart ??
If not or if so then try again. You have to ask both your mom and dad to sit down and try and work this thing out, you also need to try and tell them that this is hurting you alot. If they fight over everything then it means that there is some leeway for discussion and help.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: All my parents do is fight - January 15th 2011, 06:08 AM

put earplugs and do whatever you like doing. You don't need to hear them. They are grown-up people and can handle their problems on their own.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Dreamer24 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nicole

Re: All my parents do is fight - January 17th 2011, 01:00 AM

I've been through this problem myself and sadly no matter how much you wish it would go away it doesn't. I know what it's like to just want the fighting to be over so bad you don't care how it ends. Just remember(this is what is going to help you through the fighting no matter how bad) it's not your fault they are fighting. You shouldn't feel you have to be perfect. No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes. Hopefully you're parents will figure out something soon. Either to stop fighting or split up. As for right now, i think you need someone to talk to. You said you're not comfortable talking to your friends about it, but trust me everybody needs somebody. Feel free to PM me. I hope everything works out for the best.

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and create a whole new ending.

Closed Thread