TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Confusing Friend Problems... - January 3rd 2011, 07:38 PM

Hey, as you can see from the title I've been having some friend troubles. I've been friends with someone (I'll call her Cookie) for more than a year now. Cookie and I met by being in the same class in the beginning of last year, and we talked a lot and stayed connected online. We got extremely close, and Cookie told me often how much I met to her and how much she appreciated me. Almost every day, Cookie would hug me or give me an extravagant greeting. We would talk for hours online and in class, and we shared a lot of special memories together. Cookie has lots of really really close friends, but treated me just the same as her other friends. Cookie meant a lot to me, seeing that she was loyal unlike a lot of other friends I've had in the past. Near the end of the year, when finals were coming up within two or three months, Cookie and one of close friends got in a huge fight. They wouldn't talk to each other for a really long time, and it got really nasty at times, and Cookie would question their friendship. I could tell Cookie was getting depressed about it, so I stayed by her and talked to her a lot and made sure she could count on me. I tried to be the best friend I could be for her. It was when Cookie and her friend made up that things started getting a little shaky. In class, Cookie wasn't talking to me as much, and was getting more distant, and was seeming to hang out with her other friend more. I figured this was because she wanted to catch up with her other friend because of their huge fight, so I didn't really think about it a ton. After this, Cookie invited me to her house to work on some classwork with her. I was extremely busy that weekend, and my parents didn't let me, so I told her that I couldn't and that I was sorry. I could tell Cookie was disappointed. This was were it took a turn for the worst. Cookie stopped hugging me, and halfheartedly smiled when she saw me in the hallways, and Cookie lost her enthusiasm when she saw me, and she wouldn't talk to me as much. I started becoming depressed, because she was one of my closest friends and I knew we were starting to grow apart. Cookie started picking her other closer friends over me, and that just about killed me. Since we weren't as close, Cookie had started to show favoritism. Summer came, and I was a wreck. When preseason for cross country came, we talked more than we had before, but not as much as we had in the beginning. Cookie then became friends with one of my closest friends, and they became extremely close, and I would be left out, because she was always chosen over me. Cookie and I are still ok friends, but not nearly as close as we were. I still miss that, even though I'm not depressed anymore. Cookie just doesn't seem to care like she used to, and she still favors others over me. I'm not even sure if she cares in general. Like to today after a long vacation, Cookie didn't say one word to me. I said hi, but she didn't respond. She just about ignored me. I just want her to care like she used to again. I understand that I may not do anything about us growing apart, but I miss talking to her and being close to her, because I know we still have a chance to be close if she lets us. I'm not even sure if Cookie understands or knows how much she hurt my feelings. Any advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Confusing Friend Problems... - January 3rd 2011, 07:45 PM

I've had the smiliare issues you have. Maybe you shold just pull her aside and taalk casually then if she doesn't respond the way you would like her to thats when you step in and tell her how you feel.Tell her anything that's on your mind then walk away and give her time to think .
I hope i helped PM me if you need anything else!

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Confusing Friend Problems... - January 3rd 2011, 08:06 PM

I'll see how it goes! Thanks, I really appreciate it!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: Confusing Friend Problems... - January 3rd 2011, 08:15 PM

Yep no prob!!!!

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

Closed Thread