TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ntguard19 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nyssa

Exclamation need to get out there - January 7th 2011, 08:36 AM

what do you do when your best friend starts dating and no longer hangs with you with out there gf/bf. and all you want is one fucking day to hang out with them but they cant leave the side of there partner. yes i under stand they have a partner but over the winter brake i seen my so called sister/best-friend like 2 and both was with her fucking girlfriend of who i can not stand. no im not a homophobic i am bi my self but her gf buys her shit all the fucking time this was for 3 weeks i seen her 0 times with out her and 2 with her. this is more of a rant but i don't know what to do when they say they will not change but they have and they cant see it but my whole family can. i believe the true reason she is still with her is because she got over 300 bucks worth of shit on xmas and she likes getting things but she cant spent one fucking day with out her gf and to make another point her gf don't like me so it is a multiracial thing. should i just forget it i have sayed somthing to her and her responce is well you have to under stand shes my girlfirend i do under stand that but i truly wish they will brake up. they havent even been together for a year.that im
  Send a message via AIM to ntguard19 Send a message via Yahoo to ntguard19  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: need to get out there - January 9th 2011, 10:03 PM

Hey there, Nyssa!

Unfortunately, some people have a harder time finding the right "balance" between family/friends/significant others when they first start dating someone. It's fairly common for people to take a few weeks or months to find that balance, but every now and then, you'll meet someone who can't find that balance. You seem to realize that your friend craves attention, and since her girlfriend is all too willing to shower her with gifts, there's just no way you can compete until your friend's priorities change.

One thing you could try is to continue expressing your love for her as a friend, while slowly withdrawing from her life and spending time with other friends. Eventually, she's going to realize how much she misses you, and SHE'LL make the effort to pursue YOU. If that doesn't happen... well, I hate to say it, but she doesn't seem like a very good friend to begin with. =( You're probably better off without her if that's the case.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread