TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxbeckyxx999 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rebecca

Not sure what to do - January 10th 2011, 12:40 AM

I've got a friend who I have been through a lot with. We slept together, she broke my heart by getting with a guy two days after and I confessed to being in love with her, all that has never been solved but today something happened which she has never done before.
She invited me around so we could go out drinking, she wanted me there for six but I got there at five the same time as her boyfriend. Everything was ok, there was the odd uncomfotable moment when they would kiss but I deal with it somehow, she then asked me why I was there early, so I said "because I got fed up with being at home" so she said "fair enough" then the atmosphere changed, she got in a bad mood for some reason, I thought at first it was because she invited her boyfriend around earlier so they could have sex, so I wasn't that bothered because thats what she's like. She then went really quiet and wouldn't say what was wrong with her. She said she was just tired so she went to bed
Me and her bf then started playing a football game on the ps2 and was having a laugh playing it, as anyone does, but then she shouts over "what are you two dickheads whispering about??" her bf says in return "we just didn't want to wake you" she says "well I'm not fucking asleep" she then storms off downstairs so we follow her to see what's wrong. She then shouting at us to leave her alone and to get out of her house. She's never done this before. She then goes back upstairs and falls asleep. I then waited two hours until she woke up and she didn't say a single thing to us so I left
I got a text a couple of hours ago saying that she doesn't trust me and her bf being together because everyone is out for themselves.
I am not one single bit interested in him, at all. I only talk to him because we are around eachother at her house. She knows I love her and her bf admitted to her that he loved her a couple of weeks ago
She makes my life so hard, I've cried myself to sleep so many times because of her yet she's my friend so I carry on, but I just don't think I can anymore. I have been happy not talking to or seeing her because it's been easy. She just puts stress on me. But I don't want to lose an old best friend. I just don't know anymore.

I really meant what I said, all of it wasn't a lie
You were the one I wanted
But in the new light of the day, affection started to die
Our house of love was haunted

Last edited by xxbeckyxx999; January 10th 2011 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Had to warn about some strong language

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Not sure what to do - January 10th 2011, 08:09 PM

Hi there
It sounds like you are in a complicated situation with your friend. She obviously doesn’t care about your feelings as you stated in the beginning she got together with her boyfriend after you told her you loved her. As far as to why she got mad it could have been because she wanted to have some fun with her boyfriend and you came early to her house but then again I wouldn’t invite a friend over if I had planned to do something with my boyfriend and no one hour before so by doing so she kind of proofs she lacks respect for you.
Leaving her boyfriend and yourself alone and she going to sleep in my opinion is just lack of respect, she could have just waited till you left and then gone to sleep. If she couldn’t trust her boyfriend and you to be alone that she should have not left to sleep. If you feel happier not talking to her don’t talk to her, all she has proven is she is not a good friend. Don’t stress yourself over someone who doesn’t treat you right.
Good Luck.!

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
xxbeckyxx999 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Not sure what to do - January 12th 2011, 12:39 AM

Thank you so much that really has helped. After posting this I haven't heard anything else from her and I'm happy, I'm just going to leave it and if she wants to speak to me then fair enough but I'm not being her doormat anymore, I couldn't stand how things were but I tried to deal with them. If she can't trust me and him to be together then thats her problem, and she can try to deal with it. I honestly don't care anymore, I'm fed up with wasting my tears in her so I'm going to stop

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Not sure what to do - January 12th 2011, 01:13 AM

No problem
I'm glad you are moving on, it's not good to be stressing so much over someone how won't treat you right. Good luck with everything I hope you find someone who does treat you well.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

Re: Not sure what to do - January 12th 2011, 01:38 AM

Have you thought that it might not be a trust issue? and that she actully likes you back and that she isn't sure of what she wants, and thats why she got with the lad to try and figure everything out, but seeing you both together made her realise she liked you both?
I duno I'm just kinda throwing it into the mix, and maybe im reading into to much.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
xxbeckyxx999 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Not sure what to do - January 12th 2011, 11:33 AM

Thank you México things are looking up for me already

And I'm really not sure about that. She's a person who says things as they are, and plus she's told me she's in love with her ex Sara. But it is an interesting way to look at it, I never thought of that.

Closed Thread