TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dasha Offline
Dude......woah.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Dasha

I woke up and.. - February 27th 2009, 06:04 PM

I just woke up and Mum was standing on the other side of my room with the door closed behind her. I leave my door cracked otherwise the ferrets will scratch if the door is closed at any time besides night
Now, I have vehemently expressed I DO NOT want ANYONE in my room when I am sleeping, not even with the door wide open and they are just getting something on the other side of the room and leaving out again.
She never gave a reason for being in there actually now that I think about it, she just said something about both ferrets using the litter at the same time(wtf?) and started talking to Spike as not to address me and refilled the ferret food dish and water that was in my room, then left again telling brie about the two ferrets using the litter at once(which I think is a lie in the first place, and an awful one at that).

Now, how can I respectfully address this woman while stilling getting my point across that I don't EVER want anything like this to happen again. Keep in mind. this is not the first time I have caught her in the room, but the first time after telling her I wanted no one in there, and making sure every person in the house was aware I needed my privacy when I sleep.

"For is it not death nor dying that I fear. But lack of life and purpose."
-----------
Love what is mortal; hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, let it go.
-Mary Oliver

Last edited by Dasha; February 27th 2009 at 06:13 PM.
  Send a message via AIM to Dasha Send a message via Yahoo to Dasha Send a message via Skype™ to Dasha 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Claire Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Re: I woke up and.. - February 27th 2009, 07:06 PM

I'm not sure how old you are but to be honest its your mothers house and I don't think you can really tell her not to ever go in your room. I understand you were asleep and don't want to be woken and she should respect your privacy, but you can't expect her to stay out totally. If I were you I'd sit down calmly and explain that you are hurt by her not listening to you and ignoring your rights to privacy. I don't think she should be going in your room if you ask her politely not to and you both compromise a bit, but I don't think you can really get angry about it because you do live under her roof.

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though its breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, youll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
Youll see the sun come shining through for you

Closed Thread