TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
emmuh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

problems with my mom. she's f***ing the neighbor - February 7th 2011, 02:57 AM

my mother and i have been fighting a lot. yesterday was the breaking point.

i really need some help right now, see i went through her phone, i was sure something was up, and i found out she's shagging our thirty year old (probably disease ridden) neighbor.

she won't confess to it, but i know it's true I SAW THE TEXTS.
i'm so livid i am crying and i don't even know what to do about this.

can someone PLEASE help me?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

re: problems with my mom. she's f***ing the neighbor - February 7th 2011, 03:03 AM

Why do you assume that your neighbour is disease ridden?

To be honest, I think you should lay off your mother a little bit. She's a grown woman and can sleep with whoever she likes. You may not like him and you may not respect him but it's not your decision who she sleeps with. I also don't think you should have been going through her phone in the first place because parents need privacy too. You'd probably be livid if you knew she'd been going through your phone.

Really sorry, I'd love to be more supportive but you seem to be in the wrong.

What have you been fighting about recently that has built up to this?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jaden89 Offline
Taste The Rainbow...
Average Joe

Name: Malissa

re: problems with my mom. she's f***ing the neighbor - February 7th 2011, 03:06 AM

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear but why are you invading your mothers personal things? I understand things haven't been going well at the moment but that might have something to do with spying? I would suggest you let your mother make her decisions because she is an adult and has that right. It may not be the right decision but it is -her- decision.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jaden89  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: problems with my mom. she's f***ing the neighbor - February 8th 2011, 12:08 AM

Is your mother still married, Emmuh? If so, I can completely understand why you're upset right now. Who wouldn't be?! Have you thought about how you'd like to handle the situation with your other family members?

If your mother is single - then unfortunately, I have to agree with what's already been said. While it may seem disgusting (my dad briefly considered dating my next-door neighbor, a woman I grew up with!), please try to understand things from your mother's point-of-view. A neighbor is generally like any other person she could meet - the fact that they live next door isn't reason enough to frown upon her new relationship.

I think it may be best to discuss your concerns with your mom - not just about the neighbor, but about EVERYthing. Ask your mom to do the same on her end - let her say what she's wanted to say about you and the way you behave. Get it all out in the open, then talk about it, try to clear things up and start repairing your relationship with one another. You've got to rebuild trust in one another, versus sneaking around behind each others' backs.

I wish you both all the best.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
the.end Offline
whisper from your father
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: problems with my mom. she's f***ing the neighbor - February 8th 2011, 12:20 AM

there comes a time when you realize your mom isn't just your mom, she's a person too with the same thoughts and feelings as you're capable of having. it's called growing up and it's bitter to swallow but you really don't have a choice, do you?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: problems with my mom. she's f***ing the neighbor - February 8th 2011, 08:31 AM

Oh my god, your mother is having sex with somebody, how strange, it's not like most people are brought into the world that way...
To be honest, your mother can do what she likes, you may not like it but tough... you shouldn't of gone through her phone in the first place.

Closed Thread