TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Anatidaephobia Offline
Smile :) You're beautiful!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emma

i want to run away from here - February 23rd 2011, 11:41 AM

I have nothing to stay for everyone hates me. My mom wishes i was dead. My sister just bullys me and its my fault. My friends all hate me. I have nowhere to turn and go. I really want to get away from here right now. Either run away or kill myself. Im 16 so they can't make me stay. I just hate this so much. I think i should run away tonight get this over with once and for all.
  Send a message via MSN to Anatidaephobia Send a message via Skype™ to Anatidaephobia 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
alexandrish Offline
quirky and curious
Not a n00b

Name: iris

Re: i want to run away from here - February 23rd 2011, 02:06 PM

I think run away will not helping( I actually tried.. but failed because when I think about it.. I can't support my self better).. as you don't have friend.. how about you look around you? at least.. if you are a little unhappy about friends in real world.. you can go here... we will help you..(and believe it.. we are you friend.. you can ask us for help to)
maybe if you want to talk.. just PM me..

[COLOR="rgb(72, 209, 204)"]

"Love me or hate me, both are in my favor…If you love me, I'll always be in your heart…If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind."
— William Shakespeare
[/color]
  Send a message via Skype™ to alexandrish 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
kitkat_kate Offline
Average Joe

Name: Katie

Re: i want to run away from here - February 23rd 2011, 07:16 PM

Hey, Emma. I know it's really rough to be having a hard time with friends and family and sometimes it feels as though there's nowhere to turn, but there's always hope. Running away is a scary thought. Maybe it seems freeing, I know that I've believed that before, but trust me, it's not.

Have you thought about where you would go? Finding somewhere to live isn't cheap and harder if you don't have someone to cosign with you. Speaking of money, do you have a job lined up and are you prepared to stop your education to work full time? That's the only way you'll pay for shelter and food, not to mention that cell phone bill, internet, and anything else you may spend money on, like nights out or medical bills.

More importantly, are you emotionally prepared to start over? I know things feel rough with family and friends, but do you really want to be completely alone? Think back, when did these feelings of loneliness and distress from your relationships start? Have you tried talking to those people to fix whatever changed? I know that's hard, but sometimes, it is just a miscommunication.

If the friendships are not fixable, I highly recommend talking to new people and forming new friendships. True friends are people who won't just walk away when the going gets rough. They're few and far between sometimes, but people to be cherished.

As for the relationship with your mom, I'm not sure what happened or why you feel she wants you dead. If it's a big issue and you're concerned for your well-being, I highly urge you to talk about those feelings with an adult you trust, like a teacher or friend's parent. They can help you out. Otherwise, you may just need to talk to her and realize that sometimes, people make mistakes. I'm sure, however, that your mother loves you.

In the end, I don't think any problems can be solved by running from them. You deserve happiness and answers, as well as a stable lifestyle. Please think long and hard about this decision before you make it. Tomorrow is a new day with new potential, though. Really. It is.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me. I'll try to help out however I can, and I don't mind just listening either.

-Kate

i am not my scars and my history
i am, i am, i am who i am...i am who i am.
there are true things inside of me;
i have been afraid to see.

Send a message via MSN to kitkat_kate Send a message via Skype™ to kitkat_kate 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: i want to run away from here - February 23rd 2011, 07:38 PM

Ok, so you want to run away from home. I'm not saying I don't understand why you want to run away. Because I know why, but I don't know what would be the point of running away. If you have problems with at home, you need to talk about them. Running away is a bad idea. How will you support yourself? What if something happens to you? They will report you missing, and everyone will worry about you. In the end there are far better solutions to problems, than to run away. If you want help, we can be able to help you, but I'm concerned. Running away is just a disaster waiting to happen.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Anatidaephobia Offline
Smile :) You're beautiful!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emma

Re: i want to run away from here - February 23rd 2011, 08:41 PM

noone would care if i ran away i think they would be happy to see me go. i would work and i be prepared i know its not easy and i know its hard and no fun but i'm prepared for that. I just think its would be best if i left

xxxxxxx Take care xxxxxxx

If you ever need ANYTHING just ask (:
Feel Free to leave me a message anytime:
VmPM

I won't let you close enough to hurt me
help link mentor Live help operator
  Send a message via MSN to Anatidaephobia Send a message via Skype™ to Anatidaephobia 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
kitkat_kate Offline
Average Joe

Name: Katie

Re: i want to run away from here - February 23rd 2011, 09:53 PM

Emma, whether you realize it or not, people WILL miss you. You are loved and I know it. It's sometimes so hard to see, but it's true. Your sister probably "bullies" you because she does care about you. My sister and I did that when we were younger. But if you run away, you'll never, ever learn to deal with all of this.

How are you prepared? Do you have a budget planned out? A job?

You simply coming here and telling us that you think you want to run away is, in my opinion, a way to seek help. You may not even know what you want. Just breathe and please think about this.

It's not a good idea.

i am not my scars and my history
i am, i am, i am who i am...i am who i am.
there are true things inside of me;
i have been afraid to see.

Send a message via MSN to kitkat_kate Send a message via Skype™ to kitkat_kate 
Closed Thread