TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
No-Panties!!! Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dee

real dad? - February 23rd 2011, 10:31 PM

this is going to sound really weird but even though my dad was...well lets just say he wasnt nice and didnt mind a little physical contact.
i want to know who he is
my family never talk about him and i havnt seen him for years but i really want to know about him.
everyone thinks my step-dad is my real dad because no one knows about that part of my families life but i cant help feeling curious about the man who was supposed to raise me.
if my parents found out about this they would freak out and i heard finding stuff like this is really expensive so what should i do? or should i do anything?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
you'rebeautiful Offline
believe it :)
Average Joe

Name: Ada

Re: real dad? - February 23rd 2011, 11:06 PM

I think that it's perfectly natural to want to know about your parents and where you came from, especially if part of that picture's been absent from your life. It seems like you really appreciate both of your parental units... I would suggest just asking your mom and stepdad outright, being sure to convey to them that you understand that it's not going to be the most pleasant story and, more importantly, that you appreciate the two of them being such wonderful parents to you (I stress this just because the request could bring up sensitive topics for the both of them)... but that you're really curious about your biological father and think that you're ready to know more about who he is. <3.
Best of luck.
Ada

I believe thatyou're inherently beautiful : )

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: real dad? - February 23rd 2011, 11:54 PM

i understand ppl think my step mom is my mom unfortantly i know who she is idk where she is now but idk how to help u with this thou sorry

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kayla200 Offline
Average Joe

Re: real dad? - February 24th 2011, 12:00 AM

If I where you Id be careful what you wish for I know who my biological father is and I dont want to altho I havent seen him in years I would never want to see him again do to the things he did but if you really want to find out who yours is Id suggest you talking to your mom n step dad because they may have a good reason for not telling you about your biological father and remember once you find out the truth or find him theres no turning back or forgetting

R.I.P Lee, Logan, Austin 3/5/09

As tears fall from my eyes,I realized I didn't know them as much as I knew everyone else,Yet what I knew was they where apart of me in different ways,And as I watched them be put in the ground,Their spirits floating,Apart of me went with them...........You will forever be missed and loved...Never forgotten

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: real dad? - February 24th 2011, 05:45 AM

It's perfectly normal to want to know about your biological dad, but like a few people said above, I'd be careful what you go and search for. You yourself said that he's not a very good guy, maybe what you're going to find isn't going to please you.

Then again, you have every right to know about your dad if you really want to know who he is. Maybe if you sincerely ask your family, they'll tell you a few things; enough to satisfy you perhaps.

The rest, I'll leave to you. Hope this helped! Carpe Diem.

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar

Closed Thread