TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
iloveyouu.(: Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dani. (:

I hate it here. - February 24th 2011, 02:17 AM

My mom and I fight constantly. I want it to stop, but it doesn't.

I'll be having a perfectly good day at school, I'll go home and be fine, then my mom comes home from work and I'm constantly yelling, and screaming at her to leave me alone, or to just be quiet. My mom and my brother have a really good relationship, so they'll be messing around, having fun and I'll be in the other room trying to drone them out with music. Then I get yelled at for my music being too loud. I try telling them to be quiet and I get bitched at cause I'm 'crabby', when really I'm not crabby, I'm just annoyed.

I'm incredibly jealous of my mom and brother's relationship, and how close they are. I wish I could be that close to her, but I don't trust her at all. My dad and I don't have a good relationship either. I really can't stand to be around him whatsoever.

I wanna leave this house. But I can't. I feel trapped. And I feel alone. The one thing that calms me down is my dog. But I need someone to talk to, that can actually talk back. Help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: I hate it here. - February 25th 2011, 01:20 AM

I know how it is when mom's and daughter's fight. as i do the same with m ymom. Have you tried having a meeting with her and just sit down and try to improve your realationship with an open mind? Here's an idea. Make up a list of things you need from your mom and have her make a list of things she needs from you and then openly discuss it calmly and control your actions etc.
My brother had a close realtionship with my mom too. i think it s a son and mom thing lol.Cause us girls get under eachothers skin a lot and we end up in a lot of cat fights.
Why can't you stand to be around your dad? Is he mean? Rude?
And you can talk to me anytime <3

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: I hate it here. - March 2nd 2011, 10:48 PM

Dani,

It's normal for parents and children to fight. Sometimes you aren't going to see eye to eye on things. It sounds like your mom is stressed out about something. Have you tried talking to her about this? Maybe when she is calm, try talking to her about how you are feeling when she yells at you and stuff. Tell her that you wish that you had a better realtionship with her. A mom and a daughter have an undeniable bond by default. The trick is strengthening it. It's completely possible. Maybe do things with her once in a while. Help her cook dinner, or go run errands with her. I bet she would appreaciate the help, and enjoy the company.

Why don't you trust her? Trust is a huge thing when it comes to parents. I had a similar problem with my mom. Parents make mistakes, and sometimes that can break our trust. You should try to get that go a little bit, and get to know your mom a bit better. If you feel comfortable, you can talk to her about your trust issues with her.

Dogs are great for comfort, but you're right! You need someone who talks back. You need someone to share their opinions with you, and feedback. Is there anyone at school that you want to get closer to? Maybe you can join a club and get to know people with the same interests as you. I feel that that helps rather well when trying to make friends. And if you ever need me, you can PM me. I talk back

It's understandable that you're feeling frustrated by this. Anyone would. You have a right to feel like this. Try to take some stress off by doing things that make you happy. You might do well by getting out of the house a bit more. This will allow for you to get a breath of fresh air, in terms of scenery, and mood.

I really hope this helped! Hang in there!<3
-Lyndsee

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: I hate it here. - March 2nd 2011, 10:52 PM

hey i know how u feel i fight constantly with my step mom and my sis and her get along but and i know ur only 15 and you got 3 more yrs till u move out try taliking with a couselor maybe thats wat i did and even thou me and my step mom still fight i have someone to vent to after and if u ever want to talk just pm i know wat ur going throu it wont be easy

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

Closed Thread