TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Ideas on how to apologize to my friend? - March 2nd 2011, 12:13 AM

Me and my best friend got in our first fight over a cake. Yes, a cake. If your curious, I made a post about it here:
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-f...r-first-fight/

Anyways, I've been trying to apologize to her about it because I really miss her. We don't go to the same school or anything so I never see her. So far I sent her a letter in the mail and I drew one of my fantastic (terrible) drawings. I drew us holding hands and skipping in a field I also made the writing really heartfelt. Unfortunately, it didn't work. That was about a week or two ago so I want to try again.

Any good ideas on how to apologize to her? I really want to show I mean it. She is Korean so I was thinking about using a translator (id translate it back to make sure its accurate) and writing the letter in Korean an then attaching a strawberry dumdum to it (we have an inside joke with it).

Thanks in advance

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Ideas on how to apologize to my friend? - March 2nd 2011, 08:16 PM

Nicole,

I am sorry that you are having this falling out with your friend. Sometimes people just need their space. You've written her a letter. You drew her a picture. You've apologized. The rest is in her hands. Doing more could potentially just push her further away, and I know you don't want that. The more you push someone, the more they tend to pull away. It's unfortunate, but it's how it tends to be.

I think that deep down she knows that you mean it. Chances are, she still wants to be friends, and she still loves you, she just needs time to cool off. Friends are going to fight. That's inevitable. The best you can do is apologize like you did (In a creative, heartfelt way), and wait. But while you wait, do things with other friends, or catch up on home work. Do something constructive during your wait. She will come around. Best friends have this weird inability to stay away from each other for too long.

Hang in there lovely. If you need me, you know where to find me.
-Lyndsee :]

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Ideas on how to apologize to my friend? - March 2nd 2011, 11:12 PM

Thank you Lynds
You always know just what to say it seems haha

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

Closed Thread