TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nikkie95 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nicole

Can i let her go?? - March 2nd 2011, 09:45 PM

I just had another fight with my "best" friend. She got so mad at me for telling her that she embarrassed me in front of lots of people and was completely pointing fingers at me. This has happened before but this time i told her i was done and was not changing my mind. But now im lost. I hate hurting people and thats what made me forgive her the last time. Was it all a mistake? :s

Last edited by PSY; March 7th 2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Moved thread to "Friends and Family" forum.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Nikkie95 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
mae_kas Offline
searcher of answers
Not a n00b

Name: Mae

Re: Can i let her go?? - March 3rd 2011, 04:39 AM

Hi there and welcome to TH,

Then again you should try to ask yourself it it this characteristic of her really annoys you or embarrass you and that is a good reason to stop being best firend with her, cause maybe you like the other parts of your friendship better and then keeping the friendship would be better. But if truly you don't really like that and you feel she is not the friend she should be you should cut ties. You don't like hurting people so telling her off so roughly like you did will make you feel guilty, I think you should apologize for that and offer her peace but keep your distance and if you really want her back try to talk to her to compromise not to.

and I need your sway, cause you always pay for it
and I need your soul, cause you're always soulfull
and I need your heart, cause you're alwyas in the rigth places
  Send a message via Yahoo to mae_kas Send a message via Skype™ to mae_kas 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ShesNotThere Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lee

Re: Can i let her go?? - March 10th 2011, 09:44 PM

Try weighing her actions in your head. I know it's hard to break off friendships (I just broke one off a few months ago, its very hard), but you have to ask yourself: Is it worth it to stay with this person? Do they treat you well? If not, consider ending it. If you're unsure - sit and have a serious, calm discussions with her. Point out what's bothering you, and try to compromise. It's very difficult, but you can do it

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Can i let her go?? - March 10th 2011, 10:31 PM

Nicole,

You have a right to be mad at your friend. She embarrassed you in front of people, and that's not okay. However, was she aware that she was doing that? I honestly don't think this was worth ending a friendship over, unless this was a repeated offense, and she purposely did this to you. You should have a discussion with her. Let her know what bugged you, and why you did what you were upset with her. If you don't see a chance of working things out, or you don't think that things are going to change, then maybe you should end the friendship. Sometimes you just need to cut ties with people in order to move forward with your life. Make sure that you give it good thought, and consideration.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread