TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

step mom insulting - March 2nd 2011, 10:49 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

my step mom is just insulting me everyday i hate this i know she wants me to be better than my real mom but insulting me isnt working and my couselor is way to busy cuz scheduling is this wk im just so stressed i have no where to go and my dad just i feel like he pushing me way to much and i get emotionally abused pratically sometimes i get hit but thats not wats bugging my step mom insulting me i try to ignore it but it seems so hard to i gotten to the point i have anxety wen i sleep so i dont sleep its so much stress way to much for me to handle any more

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: step mom insulting - March 2nd 2011, 11:02 PM

Coco,

I am sorry that your step mom is treating you like this. You don't deserve to be insulted. It isn't fair to you. Can you explain to her that the things that she says is offensive to you, and hurts your feelings? She might not even realize that what she is doing is wrong. It's normal for step parents to want to impress the kids. Sometimes they even go over the top with it. Seemingly that's what your step mom is doing. You have a right to voice your feelings. When she says something insulting to you, calmly tell her that it hurts her feelings when she says that. What you find offensive might not be the same as what she finds offensive. Like I said, she might not know that what she does effects you.

What you could do is, when she says something to you, fire something back at her. Be sarcastic and fun with it. This could work for coping with it, but not so much stopping the insults. It's best you talk to her. When she says things to you, refute them in your head. For every insulting thing that she says to you, compliment yourself.

Can you try asking your dad to talk to her? Maybe you all need to have a family meeting about how you are feeling with these things. Tell them what bugs you, and what you want to see happen as a result of this meeting. Tell them that you love them, and that you wish they showed their love to in a different way. Explain what stresses you out, and that pushing you isn't helping. Communication within a family is key. Families can't function all that well without communication. And it seems as though your family lacks that.

I hope things get better for you. Hang in there. I know it's tough, but you can do it<3
-Lyndsee

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: step mom insulting - March 2nd 2011, 11:06 PM

she knows wat she is saying she called me fucking stupid this mornig all cuz i droped my phone and i dont feel comfotable talking with her and she knows she is being mean she said that she says things she shouldnt idk if she was saying she didnt mean them or she meaning them and she didnt mean to say it out loud

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

Closed Thread