TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

I sense trouble... - March 3rd 2011, 08:46 PM

I have family who live a couple of hours away. before his wife died, my grandad couldnt make it down here to see us much (due to risk of infection for his wife, which in her condition would have been very dangerous, and also because of travel).
Since she died in september, he's been coming down a lot more, which i love because i absolutly love him. the problem is that his wifes daughter and her soon-to-be wife, are seeming to get a bit jealous of it.
apparently my aunts future wife texted people down here to see when they had last seen my grandad, and when this person asked why, she said because he spends every weekend in london now.
my mum isnt happy about this because, my grandad being her dad, she likes seeing him, and as long as he's happy it shouldnt matter.

in the family we already have arguments going on that, in the past, have disallowed us to see family members. i dont want anymore. my mums side of the family are so nice and i love them all too much to think that i wond get to see them as often (specially as i hardly see the ones who live away anyway).

I just wondered what I can do if things end up going wrong, baring in mind i dont see my aunt and her fiancee much anyway.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I sense trouble... - March 7th 2011, 06:57 PM

Sometimes you just have to let things go. We're all human... we're all going to say and do stupid things from time to time. Your relatives are jealous. So what? They're hurt, and lashing out in a way that's not entirely mature. Again, so what? Yes, it's annoying for you... but they haven't done anything to directly strain your relationship with your grandfather, like spreading rumors or telling lies to him. Let them talk. Ignore it. Don't bring it up with your grandfather, because then he's just going to feel caught in the middle.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: I sense trouble... - March 7th 2011, 07:13 PM

I wasn't really mad at them about doing anything to me. And I wasn't going to talk to my grandad about it. It was more the fact I don't want him caught up in things because of the circumstances (he's still getting over the loss of his wife) and I know it's the last thing he needs.

I understand though, and I won't get involved in any of it. I never have done in the past when my family have had fights, usually I stay to the side and ignore it, just talk to everyone normally. I get what you're saying here, so thanks

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

Closed Thread