TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
staciak92 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: stacia

Angry really mad at my friend - March 3rd 2009, 04:04 AM

I have two tickets to see a jonas brothers concert this weekend. The tickets were a Christmas gift from my parents. I knew as soon as I got them who I was going to invite, my only friend. I would take my little sister, but she doesn't like the JB. Anyway that plan for this weekend was for my friend and I to go to the concert while my friends sister and my sister hung out at our house. This evening my friend emails me and asks me what time she should be at my house on Saturday, I tell her that I will have my mom contact her mom and let them work it out. She then tells me that her sister has other plans and won't be coming this weekend. WHAT THE FUCKING HELL??? I have had this planned for months. literally. My little sister has been looking forward to this sleepover for months. We havn't seen these two girls since July 2008. We were supposed to have a sleepover last month, but my friend's mouth got her in trouble and the sleepover cancelled. My sister was verbally attacked by some women last tuesday. We also found out on Friday that she has low self esteem and feels bad about herself because other kids make fun of her. Why is everyone such jackasses? They never invite my sister and I over to their house for a sleepover, yet we invite them all of the time. I have been taught that it is impolite to invite yourself over to someones house. I am trying to think of anything I said or did that has caused them to not want to invite my sister and I over, but I can't think of anything. I am tempted to not have my friend come with me to the concert. See if she likes being dumped at the last minute. I am so fucking mad right now.

Now I have to be that bad person and be the one to tell my sister that the sleepover is cancelled. So here is a question: Should I uninvite my friend from the concert, and take my little sister instead, who is not a fan of the JB, or take my friend and be mad at her during the concert?
  Send a message via Skype™ to staciak92 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: really mad at my friend - March 3rd 2009, 05:05 AM

Personally, I'd take my little sister because if you spend the whole time mad at your friend during a concert that is supposed to be fun, it kind of defeats the purpose of going. At least you and your sis can hang out with each other

Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.

Music is life. Start living.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: really mad at my friend - March 3rd 2009, 09:37 PM

Hi Stacia,

I know you are really mad at your friend right now, but it is not her fault that her sister has made other plans. She can't control what her sister does. I know you've been planning this, but its the sister's fault and not your friend's for ruining the night.

I think the best thing to do is to reschedule the sleepover for a different night. Still go to the concert with your friend, but make sure your mom talks it over with your friend's mom to plan another night as soon as possible. Maybe spend some time with your sister when you get back or the next day to help her feel better.

I agree that it's not fair that this happened, but I really don't think you should be angry at your friend when it is your friend's sister's fault for making other plans.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: really mad at my friend - March 3rd 2009, 09:56 PM

I agree with Nat.
Go to the concert with your friend if that's what you still want to do, and try to get your friend to reschedule the sleepover with her sister. I know it's tough when friends do that kind of stuff, but I'm sure your friend doesn't purposely want to hurt your sister. Maybe there's some kind of reason that they haven't been inviting you over lately, so don't take it to personally and let your sister know that they didn't mean anything against her, but that something important came up for them. If your sister doesn't like the Jonas Brothers then taking her to the concert is pretty pointless anyways. Just try not to hold it against your friend, and have a good time at your concert. xx

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Closed Thread