TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NSBAceAttorney Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Post Concert Concerns - March 19th 2011, 04:55 AM

Hey guys, I just went to see a concert with a group from my school. Everything seemed to go great, concert was awesome and I found out that certain people from my school were a lot cooler then I thought. There were two girls in our group that I had never really hung out with before, but now I really want to, only problem is that when (a certain) one sees me in the hallway she will turn and face away from me and will ignore me if I try to say hi. I'm not sure if it's because they were just tired from the concert still (it was rough on the one for sure, we ended up on the bottom of a pile together at one point and we kept getting crushed up against the stage) or if I did something without even realizing it to offend them... How should I approach this?

Edit: Not sure if this really makes any difference or not, but I think I overheard someone poking fun at one of them for hanging out with me at the concert. This girl is the type that doesn't get made fun of much but I am so I could see it happening...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Post Concert Concerns - March 19th 2011, 05:51 AM

Hey there! If you want to try and get to know them better, then I'd just go for it and act like nothing is wrong. If you show them that you feel awkward or uncertain, then they may feel awkward or uncertain as well. This girl might have a problem with you, she might be shy, she might be PMSing... who knows? =P Don't let her behavior affect your desire to learn more about her or the other girl you met!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Post Concert Concerns - March 19th 2011, 06:00 AM

Hey there,

Is it possible that they see you in the hallway but they don't actually internalize your presence? Meaning, there have been times where I've made eye contact with people whilst walking down the hall way but didn't actually register that I had made eye contact with that person until after they passed.

You could try talking to these girls. It really can't hurt to talk to them. Bring up the concert, or something that might be of interest to the both of you. Casual conversation. If you are walking down the hallway and your paths cross, just say something like "Hey that was a great concert, what other concerts have you been to?" or "I really had fun at the concert, we should hang out some time." or simply "Hey, how have you been?" Just simple things like that.

It's quite possible that people were poking fun at you. Though, it isn't right, or very nice. But if they don't talk to you, and are ignoring you for the sake of their reputation, then I don't think they are people that you should hang out with. You don't want friend that just like you for your appearance and popularity status. You know? It's better that you stick with friends that actually care about you for you.

:]

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
NSBAceAttorney Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Post Concert Concerns - March 19th 2011, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the advice, I'll try some of it out when I see them at school Monday. I really do hope I can get this to work out because I kind of haven't been able to get the one girl out of my mind since the concert... So I really hope I can make things work out, and perhaps if I can I might even fix the problem from my other thread.

Closed Thread