TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fineshrine Offline
Rebecca
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

"If this happens again, I will punch your face in." - March 26th 2011, 03:05 AM

Sigh, more & more drama keeps on piling up at my new school. So here's the story.

Ricki is Dating Ethan. Tony is dating Victoria. Ricki's teling me about her sexlife, and tells me about how she's been cheating on Ethan with Tony. I listen and walk onto class. This was.. 4 weeks ago.

So about two weeks ago, me & a girl named Casandra were talking about how attractive Tony is xD & I decided to tell her what Ricki told me. I will add Ricki never told me not to tell anyone. I did have Casandra promise not to tell a single soul, just in case Ricki would get mad.

So I found out yesterday that Casandra told everyone. How? Ricki came up to me and asked: "Did you tell people that I'm screwing Toast!?" [Toast is her nickname for Tony] I freaked out in my head. I could tell her the truth that I told one girl. No, I'll lie. I lied.
"Why would I do that?"
"People are asking Toast & me about it. You're the only person I told."
"Oh."
"Swear over your razors you didn't tel anyone!?"
"Swear."
She gave me an evil look & I caved in.
"Okay. I told one girl, Casandra. I made her swear not to tell anyone though.. I'm so sorry!"
"What the hell Rebecca." & then she walked away, and I'm pretty sure she told Tony everything. He's not talking to me, so i'm 100% positive she told him everything.
She texted me afterschool and said:
"If that ever happens again, I will punch you're face in."
I replied: "I didn;t mean to... I'm so sorry Ricki.. I'd be mad too if I was in your shoes."
"I'm not mad, I'm fucking furious. If this happens again, we will fight and you will loose."
"Okay."

And I saw her at school this morning as I got out of the car.
"Hey Rebecca!" She said.
"Oh... Hi!" I was so afraid she would hit me that I was walking into things.
"'Sup?" She said.
"You're not going to kill me?" I joked. It was awkward so I figured a joke would make it less so.
"Nope, I'm almost over it. Toast is not. You screwed everything up if you wanted to get with him by the end of the year, girlie."

Blah. So.. I'm like... So confused. Victoria's going to have a shit to deal with me. Ricki told me to tell everyone I'm a liar or she would "punch my face in." So now everyone thinks I'm a liar.

Yes, I know I probobly shouldn't have said anything to Casandra. I don;t want a lecture on that please.

I'm so confused and I don;t even know why. Advice or something please?

Send a message via AIM to Fineshrine  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

re: "If this happens again, I will punch your face in." - March 26th 2011, 04:43 AM

Personally, I would have told Ethan and Victoria about their partners' cheating, then stopped being friends with Ricki and Tony... because I told my friends to a high, high standard. So I'm afraid I can't really help you with this situation. Yes, it was wrong of you to tell Cassandra, because she had nothing to do with the situation... but do I think you should have kept Ricki's cheating a secret from Ethan and Victoria? Heck no!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: "If this happens again, I will punch your face in." - March 26th 2011, 05:02 AM

There's nothing wrong with you telling Casandra, don't beat yourself up over that. The fact she blabbed isn't your fault. No lecture to give over that, you did nothing wrong. Perhaps I have this view because I'll admit, I've cheated on my girlfriends before, sometimes with more than 2. Despite having done that, you did the right thing in telling they were cheating.

I don't know when your school year ends but so far it's been 1 day. It'll simmer down so she is saying you have no chance of getting with Tony because everyone is emotional and angry. However, what seems to be long-lasting is the fact the girl pushes you around verbally so much and you are submissive about it. For example, her saying "swear on your razors" and giving threats. I'm assuming she does this as to her you have low self-esteem and confidence. Also, you seem to take a negative view on this, perhaps you're negative or pessimistic in general, although that's a guess on my part.

Whenever something goes bad for me, even at times when I am absolutely screwed, anything I do probably will screw me further, I look up, have high confidence, self-esteem and optimism. Focusing on the here and now is needed but also try to think realistically about the future events for the issue at hand. Assuming your school year doesn't end soon, you have a chance at getting with Tony even if others dislike you.

In the end, it's mindless schoolyard short-lived drama. In a few weeks, maybe less, people aren't going to care because there's something else new and exciting. Currently, you're in the spotlight because what happened is new and interesting.

I hope you didn't tell everyone you're a liar. If I were you, I'd tell the person to bring it. My reasoning isn't so much boldness but the fact I've trained in various martial arts and have helped train others. In high-school I was threatened for similar things and most of the time I picked the option of getting beaten up, although I was never beaten up for that. You did nothing wrong, don't beat yourself up and try to believe in yourself more. You don't need to be very aggressive but if you are confident and believe you did nothing wrong, you shouldn't give into it as you did.

If you already did tell everyone you're a liar, then leave it be, don't give into Ricki's aimless threats and if you get into trouble with Victoria, do not cave in as easily allowing people to trample over you. You'll be hard-pressed to undo saying you're a liar so if others call you a liar, it will be brief and know no matter who tells it to you, you did nothing wrong.

If you truly are afraid you will get beaten up, the only things I can recommend are take some self-defense classes, get some pepper spray or mace and try to stay with others. For the first, you'll need to train for a while to have effective results, so it could be useful not for this but for potential events down the road.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: "If this happens again, I will punch your face in." - March 27th 2011, 03:11 PM

I suggest that you report this to the school administrators. These types of threats are not okay regardless of circumstance.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Fineshrine Offline
Rebecca
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: "If this happens again, I will punch your face in." - March 27th 2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingTrue View Post
I suggest that you report this to the school administrators. These types of threats are not okay regardless of circumstance.
I can't report this. I always associate reporting anything of anykind as snitching. That's not how it is here at this new school, but it's been imprinted on my brain. And snitches get stitches. I'm just going to try and find a way to handle this on my own.

Send a message via AIM to Fineshrine  
Closed Thread