TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
siin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: siin

Is There Something Wrong With Me? - March 27th 2011, 08:44 PM

I don't really like school for the most part but I would like to have friends. I only really have one friend. Everyone else kinda ignores me. I'll be like talking to a few people and then in a matter of time they will have left me to talk to someone else and I will be standing all alone.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? - March 27th 2011, 09:14 PM

There's nothing wrong with you. I was the exact same way throughout elementary and middle school. I didn't have any friends, and everyone picked on me and beat me up. I used to think there was something wrong with me, too. But I promise, there's nothing wrong with you. You have one friend, so stay by their side and enjoy having that friend. Treasure that friend, and remember to always be yourself. To be honest, being one of the popular kids isn't all it's cracked up to be...most of them are total jerks. When I got to high school I made so many friends I can't keep track of them all. And the best part is we're the reject/weirdo/crazy/goth/emo/psycho group. Nobody really understands us. We're not the popular group at all, but we all love each other. It's all about being yourself. Don't let anyone tell you there's something wrong with you.

My advice is to try joining a school club of some sort, something you're interested in. You'll meet others who share your interests and probably make new friends. For example, I joined drama club because I enjoy acting. My school's huge drama club is made up of 67 people. Obviously, I made quite a few friends. For you it could be a sport, an interest group, anything you like. It really is a good opportunity to make friends. And remember, no matter what others may say or think, be yourself 100% of the time. Don't try to change just to make friends, because a real friend will love you the way you are.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? - March 27th 2011, 10:25 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry that people are doing that to you. As blunt as this is, maybe you aren't talking about something that interests them, so they get bored and they leave. I know you don't like school, but you want to have friends, so maybe it might be in your benefit to join a club or a sport that interests you. If you can join a club that fits your interest- then you are likely to meet people with the same interests. It makes conversation easier and it also makes getting friends easier. If you aren't willing to do that, you can always spark up a conversation with people to see what commonalities you have with them. I feel like conversation tends to flow a bit nicer when you have common interests with people. Also, you have to put yourself out there without changing who you are. You have to go a little bit above and beyond to get yourself noticed. This means putting yourself out of your comfort zone. Get people to listen to you. But all in all, there is nothing wrong with you. You're you, and it's a beautiful thing.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
1yr1a Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Me? - April 8th 2011, 09:42 PM

there is nothing wrong with that i make friends with them on the internet useing facebook or something like that and they act so differnt when they are face-to-face with you so try that if it dont work then they are all jackasses sorry about the bad laguage but it has to be said and i have roumer go round my school about me for years and i have managed to be friends sorta now and i dont get picked on as much so try talking to them on the internet sorry if this is bad advice but im just trying to do my best kk hope all goes well

I love sleep. My life has this tendency to fall apart when I'm awake.

If you want my help message me i will help everyone and everyone no one should be unheard.

Closed Thread