TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

should i tell them im becoming a stripper? - March 28th 2011, 03:10 AM

okay, so its definate: im becoming a stripper. i got a trainer and everything. I'm going to start training in may, and then i will start stripping in the summer or the fall.

the only problem is my parents. like i said on my facebook that im getting married to my trainer (for fun, and some drama related things) and they had one look at her profile and got really pissed. she is 10 years older, and sorta looks like a hooker so yeahh... im not sure if they realized im practically naked in half of my pics on facebook or look just as slutty but whatever. haha.

the thing is tho, im about to go to college next year, but i sorta need their money (but not really). i got a full ride, so i just have to pay 15k, 10 of which they said they would pay for. so basically i have to pay 3k/year, and i just figure the funnest and fastest way to make it is by stripping (i could literally make that working three nights a year). obviously, im going to save my money, so i can buy a car and do body shots off of other hot strippers. i also wanna use the money to do cool things like travel the freaking world and involve myself in academic programs. so i dont actually need them to pay for it, but i dont want them to be all "im soo dissapointed that my daughter is a stripper" soo yeah... what shoudl i do? its not really their choice, and they dont really have anything to threaten me with (since, if i do this, i could very easily pay for all of my expenses) but i dont wanna be the runaway stripper daughter....

btw, for the note, im 18 and they think im a virgin (even though ive slept around quite a bit). im supposedly the troublemaker int he family though, which i dont really wanna live upto that from now on but theres so many fun things to do!!!!! and i dont really see anything wrong with doing them as long as i manage to do everything i need to do (and doing that landed me a full scholarship at one of the best art schools ever sooo...)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: should i tell them im becoming a stripper? - March 28th 2011, 12:29 PM

The decision is totally up to you. If want to be honest with them, go on ahead and just confess to them about this. Find a quiet time, and just sit down and talk with them. Tell them that you only plan on doing this temporarily. I can't say for sure as to whether or not they will accept you, but at least you told them. Whatever your intentions are with this, you will have the satisfaction that this is not a secret. Your family knows about this. Regardless if they agree to you doing it, or otherwise. It is very difficult to discuss these sorts of things with family, but deep down, you realize it is important that they know.

You are a legal adult, so you are allowed to pursue this hobby but like I said, the decision is up to you if you wish to tell them. I hope things go well for you.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

Last edited by Maverick.; March 29th 2011 at 11:46 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: should i tell them im becoming a stripper? - March 28th 2011, 07:08 PM

The decision to tell them is up to you although if they've seen a picture of your trainer, they may browse some more or read what your trainer has put on their wall, such as occupation. If they don't, it's up to you to tell them but if you do, tell them why you're doing the stripping: it's a way to pay for tuition and once you've graduated, you probably will stop stripping (although could depend on what you plan to do with further academics).

One potential problem or difficulty is if you tell your parents you intend to marry your trainer because if they believe you, they may talk to other relatives and friends to look at the trainer, make wedding announcements, etc... . You'll have all your family members and friends take a gigantic shit on you when they find out it was a lie the entire time done for the sake of fun. There are many things people can lie about but large lies such as this one, when they fall apart, they'll hit you some bloody hard.

Your parents may tell others you're a stripper but for making money for academics, which may put you in a bad light, however, some friends and family members may be very light-hearted over it. As long as you mention it makes good money, better than some other jobs, that would work in your favour, so not much harm in telling your parents as long as you specify your intents and reasons for stripping.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread