TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jhor Offline
Average Joe

Name: Water

Thumbs up How do you and your siblings get along? - April 5th 2011, 12:59 AM

Me and my older brother get along great. Today he barged into my room and said "Do you have any hot pink legwarmers I can borrow?!?!" He's very 'out there' and him and his friends were doing some joke so he needed them xD. I told him I did and while I was looking for them he saw this basket on my dresser full of makeup and tampons that I hadn't got around to putting away. His response; "You and your feminine articles laying about." I laughed and said "well, usually I don't have my brother in here looking for leg warmers and he said " Um, yeah you do. You're just not here." and then made all kinds of jokes about that and it was all cool. He lives in a house with a bunch of girls so he's used to all our crap laying around. I know some brothers would make fun of their little sister for havin that stuff in out, but he was all cool, so that was kinda nice.

Me and my little sister, on the other hand do NOT get along at all. She's an immature spoiled little brat and thinks she's the best thing to grace the planet. She trys so hard to get on peoples nerves. She'll say something like "Your hair looks stupid" out of nowhere and I'll say "And your jacket makes you look fat." And that is pretty much all we'll say to eachother in a day.

So, what about your brother or sister? How do you guys get along?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: How do you and your siblings get along? - April 5th 2011, 01:25 AM

My younger sister (she's 14) and I get along great! Sure, we have our moments where we fight, particularly if she's hogging the bathroom. But hey, I love her to bits and we're very open with each other. We can talk about almost anything. It's really cool because she's like a best friend as well as a sister. I'm never too lonely!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: How do you and your siblings get along? - April 5th 2011, 05:38 AM

I have a brother. He is 13. He is getting to that age where big sister just isn't cool anymore.
His wittle voice is starting to change

Anyways, him and I get along rather well. I took a fair share in raising him, and I think that our bond is a reflection of that. That's not to say that we don't have our spats, because all siblings do. But overall, we get along. I bond with him when I drive him to school in the mornings.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: How do you and your siblings get along? - April 5th 2011, 05:44 AM

Yeah my sister is cool some people think we are twins because of all the things we do together and similar tastes and my brother is like my mini-slave so it's good.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: How do you and your siblings get along? - April 5th 2011, 06:39 AM

My siblings are much, much older than me. So it's hard for us to keep in touch. They all pretty much have families of their own, whereas me being still fairly young. About once a month, we all get together, and go out to lunch or we do something of that sort. I really wished my brothers and sisters where closer to my age. I could probably relate to them better. Oh well.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: How do you and your siblings get along? - April 5th 2011, 07:36 AM

My sister's a few years older than me, and she doesn't live at home anymore, but we get along quite well. For a long, long time we didn't get along at all. I looked up to her, and she appeared to strongly dislike me. Then we got over that, and we've been pretty close ever since. We see each other a couple of times a month, and I'm going to stay with her for a few days during the holidays, which I'm excited about. We have a few similar interests, and the same sense of humour, so it's usually pretty awesome.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: How do you and your siblings get along? - April 5th 2011, 09:12 AM

I love my big brother

We get along great. There is a 5 year age gap and now we are both adults we have proper conversations. When we were little we got on well too, we bickered a bit like siblings do but mostly we were fine.

He is a big influence on me, we have similar music and film tastes and a similar sense of humour. He is also great at helping me with career stuff and college work

Last edited by Melody Pond; April 5th 2011 at 10:01 AM.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: How do you and your siblings get along? - April 5th 2011, 09:55 AM

Actually really well. He's sixteen now and although we're definitely not as uber-close as we were a couple of years ago we still get on well, especially because he's maturing enough to have proper conversations with now.

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: How do you and your siblings get along? - April 5th 2011, 12:15 PM

I really wish I had siblings. I would love to be able to contribute to this thread.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: How do you and your siblings get along? - April 5th 2011, 12:50 PM

I have two brothers. The older one of the two, I get along with really well. We talk and joke around loads, spend time in each others room watching tv and games and stuff, just general siblingy stuff and there is never any problems between us.

My other brother, I don't really talk to. It sounds bad but he is six years old and I'm twenty so it's not like we really have much to talk about. I'll pick him up from school sometimes and play PS3 with him sometime but other then that, we don't really talk unless he is insulting me or getting on my nerves.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
ShesNotThere Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lee

Re: How do you and your siblings get along? - April 7th 2011, 10:51 PM

My brother is 20, and I get along with him pretty well. We were never close until I got older. I love him

My sister is 22, but maturity-wise, about my age. So we're pretty close because we have very similar interests, and can geek out about things together, and act like we're 4 ^^ There are times when her lack of maturity can bother me, but its a lot less than it used to be. We're pretty tight.

But we did fight semi-seriously a lot when we were younger.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: How do you and your siblings get along? - April 7th 2011, 11:27 PM

me and my sis dont get along what so ever but we love eachother i think but me and mylil brother get along i just htough cuz we dont live together thats why but idk me and my sister get really close to killing eachother somtimes and me and my brother can me locked in a rm with just a box and we can be stuck in there for hrs trust me we done this and we had so much fun messign around with the box of course it wasnt empty though

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

I’m catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: How do you and your siblings get along? - April 8th 2011, 01:07 AM

Me and my little brother get along just swell. He's my little buddy, and he listens to me quite well, and he'll randomly give me hugs in the morning as he's getting off the bus.

My little sister, on the other hand, is the most annoying little... Not gonna say it, but she's not the nicest person in the world, she'll do anything to get under your skin, and on top of all this, she's mean to my mom and treats her like dirt, screaming at her anytime she gets hold of any sugary drink (pop, Fuse, et cetera) and screaming at her when Mom doesn't give her sugary drinks at once. And she whines; she whines like a piglet, all morning, all day, all evening, all night! But I love her, and I'd probably save her if she was in the process of being murdered or something.

Though I'd probably hesitate.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

Closed Thread