TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ash5150 Offline
Not a n00b

Unhappy What did I do to deserve this? - April 8th 2011, 03:42 AM

So, this year hasn't been the best for me, there's been a whole lot of drama between friends and such (I'm in college, btw). Any who, just when I thought everything was getting better, one of my friends goes and pretty much destroys that. So, said friend has a deviantart account, where she keeps a public journal and she knows I know her account cause I've made comments about the name before. I went on there today to read her new post which turned out to be about her ranting about all the bad stuff, but then the topic turns to me and about how she thinks I'm all impulsive with my life decisions and what I do. Like, I came out as being transgender back in october, and said friend (who just so happens to be trans too, but hasn't told me) says she doesn't believe me. She also thinks I switched my major to dental care because I went to the dentist.
Like, there are things that have happened in my past that have caused me to make these choices, and now I feel like I have to justify everything in my life to her. After I read that article, it made me fell sick to the point where I broke down into tears. I trusted this person and felt so comfortable telling them so much about myself and now I feel betrayed by them. I don't know what to do, and now I feel extremely depressed and like I have to be a dorm mat to this person so they won't blast me on the internet again. I just kinda wish I didn't have to have friends and could just wake up, go to class, do homework, and sleep. That would cause so few problems in my life.

Last edited by SparklingWine; April 8th 2011 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Removing prefix. :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: What did I do to deserve this? - April 8th 2011, 06:15 AM

Hey there,

Your friend was completely in the wrong for doing this. Truthfully, you don't have to justify these things to her. You shouldn't have to. She posted things about you online. Where those might be her feelings, she did it in a terrible way. She should also trust you when you tell her something. You were friends, and with any friendship there needs to be trust. I couldn't have trust in her after what she did. I think you might need to just break the friendship off with her. I know it might be hard, but she clearly is not a good friend. There are other people who can treat you how you deserved to be treated. It's best to weed out the bad flowers before they eat away at everything else. Take care.<3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
1yr1a Offline
Not a n00b

Re: What did I do to deserve this? - April 8th 2011, 08:57 PM

try telling her how you feel about this and try to sort out the problem/problems you have atm and work from there i had a problem like that and i coudent sort it out coz they woudent talk to me so talk to her while you have the chance

I love sleep. My life has this tendency to fall apart when I'm awake.

If you want my help message me i will help everyone and everyone no one should be unheard.

Closed Thread