TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tericon Offline
The Waistcoated Wonder
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Nat

My so-called 'friends' - March 5th 2009, 03:57 PM

Hey everyone I tend to waffle on, so i apologise in advance

I've never been good with people. For 12 years of my life, I was hated by people I didn't even know. Then i moved schools and things got a lot better. I have 'friends' now, which i thought was pretty good, until this week.

So i'm in my last year of high school and everyone is mad about prom. Our 'crew' are without dates so we are all just going with each other. I was a bit of an idiot, I just thought i'd go along with everyone, prom wasn't and still isn't high on my list of priorites. Two of my friends, A and S invited me to go in their respective cars and I didn't give a definative answer to either of them, but i guess you could say i led them on. For this i acept full responsiblity.

So when S finds out this, she is pretty miffed, understandably. She doesn't ignore me, but is pretty distant for the reminder of break. Lunchtime was just me, S and T (another one). I was revising for my maths test next period and those two were talking. Talk turned to my sexuality, which i just kind of ignored, I could tell S was baiting me so I thought i'd lie low and just revise. She then makes the following comment

'I don't think I'd want to go to prom with Nat as everyone would think we were together.'

I thought this was pretty nasty, sure, i deserved a bit of bashing, but bringing my weak point into it, espaically when i was frantically learning vectors was pretty low, in my opinoin.

Next day, I'm distant with her. I'm also full of flu. I cave in during IT and we talk as normal, I did let her know i was offended by her comment but she responded with 'What? That's what everyone would think!' Lunchtijme again adn I'm sat with S and T snivelling again with my tissue pinching my nose (i find this helps with the sneezing) She asks me why I do that and i tell her the above, she then proceeds to say that it looks 'weird' and she wouldn't do that. I just shrug it off.

End of day, J (another!) and S come to the library to pick up their coats, Im in their talking to my mentor, when J comes up to me with S smirking behind her and says 'you should put your tissue back on your nose. You look better like that.'

I was shocked. Why? Because J is never like that. If there are any disputes, J and T both stay out of them. Obviously not this time.

I just wanted to know peoples opioins and what I should do. Out of all the 'crew' (don't ask!) if anyone gets picked on, its me. Am i being a little sensitive? I am the joker of the group and do tend to poke fun, however i have never hurt anyones feelings by doing so and if i did i'd apologise right away.

Thanks for taking the time to read it Replies would be great

'If you've got the inclination
I have got the crime' - Oppurtunites - PSB <3

'Reel me in and cut my throat' - World- The Killerz <3

When we fall in love, we're just fallin' in love with ourselves... - Spiralling- Keane <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eniddd Offline
c'est la vie en fait.
Average Joe

Name: Enid

Re: My so-called 'friends' - March 5th 2009, 04:27 PM

personally, i think i'd be going in the car with A.

I think you need to stand up for yourself a bit more, i mean if S is getting your other friends to butt in it's not fair and it's making a mountain of a molehill.

I think you need to tell her that if she worries what people think of you two, and that's a reason not to spend time with her friends then she needs to grow up, and realise what friendship is actually about.

sorry, i probably sound like a right bitch, but thats totally out of order a mon avis xx

I could hold you in my arms forever,
and it still wouldn't be long enough.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tericon Offline
The Waistcoated Wonder
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My so-called 'friends' - March 5th 2009, 06:26 PM

No need to aplogise I appreciate the advice, I'm not too good at the old confidence thing :S I don't want to make a big tjhing of it, mainly because she tells her mother everything and her mother is the type who likes to stick her nose inot everything and fights her daughters battles for herself and I could really do without her input, plus she might let slip the whole sexuality thing to my dad :S

Any advice on how i could stand up for myself? Its not something I've ever been skilled at

thanks anyway

'If you've got the inclination
I have got the crime' - Oppurtunites - PSB <3

'Reel me in and cut my throat' - World- The Killerz <3

When we fall in love, we're just fallin' in love with ourselves... - Spiralling- Keane <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My so-called 'friends' - March 5th 2009, 09:25 PM

Stand up for yourself. Something simple like screw you or good I didn't want to go with you anyway. Do it jokingly and no ones feeling will get hurt.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Tericon Offline
The Waistcoated Wonder
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My so-called 'friends' - March 8th 2009, 06:23 PM

Ok thanks for the help guys Its kinda resolved now, J apologised and although S hasn't apologised, we are back to normal again, but in future, i won't be afraid to make the odd comment myself

And i am going in A's car

Closed Thread